Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on adding a CD player to the 2019 model GS. It does not come with a CD player now. :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's a link to the thread previous, that may help you out on an alternate route.
If not, iPod to USB port.
As far as CD's themselves I'm not too sure if they even make portable/mountable USB CD players anymore as you'd want the CD info to display properly on the screen.

Or you and I can just swap cars altogether hehe :)
Personally I love the fact that they took the player out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am just guessing here. My wife's 2016 GT came with a CD player, perhaps the same unit will fit in new models? If so I am thinking the wiring is still there so perhaps pick one up from Mazda and try it? Good luck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It looks like we get a CD player in the 2019 (or 2018 as it's called here) in Europe, so maybe it's possible to get hold of one of those?
Although it's probably not a straight forward installation, but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
People still use CD's? :D

Do you have an 1/8" (3.5mm) aux port on the 2019 models? (should be next to the USB ports). If so, you can connect a portable CD player. Obviously, it's not ideal but it would be a far cry cheaper than purchasing a new factory stereo head unit.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Most brands are doing away with them now. Rather than fill the car up with CDs, stick everything on an old iPod which is very easy to search through playlists with the control centre.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Most brands are doing away with them now. Rather than fill the car up with CDs, stick everything on an old iPod which is very easy to search through playlists with the control centre.
Next you will be saying I have to get rid of my 8-tracks and cassettes? OMG :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts