Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Active Subwoofer Install

26K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cx3Dom 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Thought I would share something that I have just completed in my CX3.

I had been searching for a fair while on various sites in the hope that someone had done a similar install in their CX3, but seems very limited in what to do, and where to run Wires to Tap into Speakers for a High Level Input on an Amp.

I came across the little Item called a PAC AOEM-MAZ2, it is a interface that Allows Replacement or Addition of an Amplifier in Select Mazda Vehicles.

The CX3 was not Listed as being one of the cars that it would fit, reading through some of the Reviews and Questions people have had success in plugging it into a CX5, Mazda 3 & 6, also seems to work with or without Bose.

This is the Item I bought from Amazon this is the Link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-AOEM-MAZ...97561&sr=1-1&keywords=PAC+AOEM-MAZ2+Interface

This Unit simply plugs into my Factory Unit it then gives 2 x sets of RCA's and also a Amp Trigger Wire.

Please see above link for photo's of how it plugs in, Photo's, and reviews, etc.

I have just Installed a Fusion Black Edition En-ab1102 10" 750w Active Sub + Amp and thought this may be very helpful for others that may be wondering what they can do without having to take the Door Trims off and chase Speaker Wires, when this really is so easy.

This Uploaded Picture below is of the Factory Box in my RHD Australian CX3, its located on the Drivers Side, down towards the Footwell, whereas if its a LHD they are saying its behind your Glove Box.

This has worked in my Australian CX3, hopefully it might work also for you.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes

What i did purchase was the one that I put the Link for.

It did take that Larger Plug from the TAU, and piggy backed back in via the Pac unit, maybe there is a difference in the type of Kits available, is yours a Pac?

My Sub Install is done, all is working

Darren

#5 ·
Geez burdie,

Thats some piece of kit, certainly more advanced than what I have installed in my car, it certainly looks impressive and hope it does work out in the Mazzy !!!.
Love the comment on poor Toyota Owners if it doesn't work.

Darren

#7 ·
Hi Darren

How much better does the stereo sound with the Pac kit and Fusion sub.

You will still be limited by the stock speakers etc but at least they can focus more on all but low bass.

#8 ·
Sorry

for the late reply, but this really did give the car some serious bass, and probably way more than needed, but it does in my opinion make it better, I still have not really had a major play with things, as the Pac has Gain level adjustments on it as well, so I will have to get some time to have a real good go at tuning it as such, but for not it suits me fine.

Darren

#9 ·
I used the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 with a Pioneer TS-WX120A sub that I put under the drivers seat.
The PAC AOEM-MAZ2 was truly plug n play. The Pioneer sub only required a 10 amp fuse, so I used an unused fuse location at the fuse block. It made a big difference in the sound quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.