Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 16’ Cx-3 to the dealership for what I thought was going to be my second ac compressor repair in two years only to find out the compressor wasn’t getting power due to several wires going from the fuse box to… everywhere else… having been eaten by rodents. It took the techs a while to figure out the issue as it wasn’t until after they took the cover off of the engine that the damage was found. Now I sit and wait to see if insurance will cover as I’m told they will. Searching online brought me to several articles about a Toyota and Honda class action lawsuit for using soy coated wires that are also attractive to pests. I could not however find definitive proof that Mazda uses the same material, but I will say that this is the first time I’ve ever dealt with this issue from all of the cars I’ve owned over the years. I also have noticed the vibration issues others have mentioned when at a full stop in drive but will go away if put in neutral. Not sure if related, but I have already had engine mounts ruled out as the cause, so who knows. Just thought I’d post here to put out the warning that if anyone has anything weird going on, doesn’t take much to pop the cover off the engine and check out the wiring just to narrow down a possible cause. Was told because of the design, it creates a perfect insulated space for rodents to hang out during cold and cooler weather.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rodents do not like peppermint .
Also bait a rat trap with fish skin which will drive rats crazy as the fish smell is not human
i have taken out 30
= rats this year reason trash is once a week now which encourages rats.
now is their breading time, their young are stupid and are easy to catch .
They will be lining up for lunch, you have to eliminate them.
Hate to bust you bubble most cars have computers for many that is beyond solving problems.
It is good to be able to know about problems.
thanks .

CX 3 Soul red 2 ltr 6 gear Auto
BERMUDA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts