Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2016 Touring new Dec 13th so I really havn't needed the AC but it has been in the mid 70's and got some time so it's getting looked at today. The AC clutch doesn't kick in and i've checked the fuse. I'll let everyone know what they find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There wasn't any freon in the system. They charged it and it and there was a leak in something. I can't for the life of me remember what he said they ordered but the parts are to be in Friday. 76 tomorrow and backin the 40's Friday so no big deal as long as it gets fixed and isn't an ongoing issue. I'll keep you posted on what they actually fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the CX-3 back in today and they replaced the expansion valve. I guess it wasn't a leak but it is building to much pressure and shutting down. They told me the head mechanic with 30 years of experience stumped and are waiting on Mazda Tech support so it is spending the night at the shop. I'll keep you all posted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went and picked up the car and they have now ordered a condesor/dryer assembly to be installed Tuesday. And the saga does on.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Went and picked up the car and they have now ordered a condesor/dryer assembly to be installed Tuesday. And the saga does on.
The condenser/evap is a known issue. They should have done it in the first place.

Attachments

Reactions: bjn and TiGrayMSM

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
The condenser/evap is a known issue. They should have done it in the first place.
This would require a competent dealership. Something I have yet to experience in my lifetime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my car back Wednesday, AC is blowing cold. They said they had never seen anything like it before. Replaced the condensor/dryer assembly. Hopefully the problem is taken care of for good.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess I need to get in line for an AC overhaul. It has worked fine until today. It was cold outside, but the car had been standing in the sun which is very intense around noon. The car was like an oven, but when I turned on the AC is would only blow more hot air. The only way I can get cold air is to turn the temp knob fully counter-clockwise and let things cool down, then turning everything off until it gets warm again. I guess there is a lot of this type problem with the Mazda AC. Have they not come up with a fix yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I guess I need to get in line for an AC overhaul. It has worked fine until today. It was cold outside, but the car had been standing in the sun which is very intense around noon. The car was like an oven, but when I turned on the AC is would only blow more hot air. The only way I can get cold air is to turn the temp knob fully counter-clockwise and let things cool down, then turning everything off until it gets warm again. I guess there is a lot of this type problem with the Mazda AC. Have they not come up with a fix yet?
Where have you been Geezer! Yes, there are two issues with the CX-3 climate control. Yours sounds more like the evaporator issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
From driving mine recently, I think I'll need both the control unit and the evaporator changed. Will be contacting the dealer in a couple of weeks to book in the annual service and will mention the problems for them to be checked out at least and perhaps I'll need to make another visit to have them replaced. In an ideal world they'll have the replacements in stock so will be able to replace on the same say as the service!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, the last 2 days I've been able to use my AC for the first time in the car. Temps here in Toronto got up to 24'C or so therefore the AC got turned on.

I have good cold air but the real test is when we get some hot humid days then I can say whether this AC system works decent or not.

Actually during the winter months I use defrost a lot on the w/shield so the AC does kick on to cycle the sytem.

Hope my CX-3 doesn't develop issues with the AC like some of you.

Tony

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sooo.. about three months ago or so mine went in with a no cold air issue. An couple of hours after dropping it off I get a phone call to say "it's a leak in the condenser, gotta get a new bit, none in the country as they're being made right now in the factory in Japan, so book it in for a months time and we should have it."
The next day I have a delivery to do in central London in 30+ degree heat. Nearly five hours crawling in traffic.
Day before it's supposed to go in, I get an email to say they've not got the bit, book it for another month and they should have it. Well guess what happens the next month? Yep, same thing.
So finally I get the condenser changed and two days later it's blowing out ambient temperature again.

Back to the dealer, the fill it with AC gas again and say "hopefully it'll be fine now!" Yeah right.
It doesn't even last the journey home. So now I've gotta wait another week till they have a loan car available so they can spend a week tearing the engine and dashboard out of my poor car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mazdatech, have you had a chance to inspect the condensers when replacing them, and where is the leak originating from?

Over the years, I've seen many condensers fail prematurely and in most cases, the root cause is the use of steel header plates with either copper or aluminum tubing/cooling fins. The main issue is that the condenser is poorly mounted on the body without any rubber isolation. Road vibrations run through the body/chassis, transfer through the condenser and cause the steel header plates to bite through the aluminum end tubes.

On older Japanese cars, and due to the use of highly recycled steel content, the header plates corrode prematurely and the corrosion itself will pierce the end tubes.

Rarely have I ever seen a projectile such as a stone or other road debris come into contact with the condenser and subsequently pierce a tube.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are made of all alloy, there is a tsb for the condenser and the evaporator , the leaks are lower right corner and spots on the whole face. was only for 2016 cx-3 and in a vin range,can look later for tsb numbers if you want

·
Registered
23 Posts
they are made of all alloy, there is a tsb for the condenser and the evaporator , the leaks are lower right corner and spots on the whole face. was only for 2016 cx-3 and in a vin range,can look later for tsb numbers if you want
Yup... bain of the CX3's existance. I cannot imagine a dealership not being aware. That scares me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts