Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i just bought a cx3 touring and it comes with the regular ac controls is it possible to switch them to the ones like the grand touring? If this is the wrong place to post this im sorry im new to this blog let me know if i have to remove the post

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Not sure where the control unit is or of its part of the body control unit. It certainly isn't straight forward and you'd need a sunshine sensor on the dash. I'll have a look at my info when I get chance. Snoogie might know in the meantime.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The GT has automatic climate control. The wiring and connection points are usually much more complex than the standard manual units.

I've seen these questions come up on forums many times over the years but have never seen anyone successfully swap out the controls.

·
Registered
234 Posts
These are the basic layout and differences between the manual and full auto hvac units. It is a big endeavor to covert between manual to full auto as there are a crap ton of sensors that are needed as well as the actuators for the full auto unit compared to the linkages to the manual unit. Also I do not know if the mounting locations of the manual linkages and the mounting for the actuators are the same. All I know for sure is that its going to be costly if it can even be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea sorry there cx3user but it seems that even attempting to covert it to a full auto unit is just out of the question. Out of curiosity any particular reason you want the full auto and not going for a GT (or your location equivalent) with full auto installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea sorry there cx3user but it seems that even attempting to covert it to a full auto unit is just out of the question. Out of curiosity any particular reason you want the full auto and not going for a GT (or your location equivalent) with full auto installed?
its just a preference thing and sadly no dealers near me had any left i had to drive to another town to pick up the touring version

1 - 12 of 12 Posts