Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm attempting to track down a noise. Metallic rotational type of noise. Coincidentally, perhaps, it only started after I had the car at a collision shop for front bumper area damage.

Took it back there today to see what they would say. As expected, they worked with plastic pieces mainly, so nothing they would have done is likely to cause any new noises. They did mention that the belt looked worn and there were some metal shavings.

So my question is, does your CX3 have any metal shavings anywhere around the alternator/ac compressor/tensioners? I can see the shavings around the engine mount and on the splash guard a bit... but I'm not sure how normal / abnormal it is. I would think that metal specks means something is rubbing the wrong way, there shouldn't be any grinding of parts, per se.

Does your belt look like my belt? The inside edge, towards the alternator, is evenly discolored like it was rubbing against something. Again, not sure how normal this might be.

I have an appointment on Friday for an oil change and battery test (that's another story), so I might have them look at anything that rotates in order to hunt down a noise. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Strange enough my belt on 2016 gt looks completely different than yours which makes me wonder what even is going on with mazda parts lol. Unless the belt has been replaced with something aftermarket which is unreasonable for a 2019 so soon. No metal shaving etc to note

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
My belt looks like SlyCoopers. As for the metal shavings, thats a negative from me. and I have done a satisfying albeit long engine clean/detailing.
Shavings in general are as you said, metal grinding away. Some is a miss, have it checked out. Could be as a result of the some misalignment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured as much. I've got the car at the dealership now and even the writer gave a pause to the shavings. Will see what happens..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts