Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of thought driving my CX3 I've come to the conclusion that a Speed CX3 would be amazing. First off, let me say, I owned a 2011 Mazda3. My girlfriend currently drives a 2014 Mazda3. The CX3 really struggles off the line for me. It feels very anemic until it either goes to second gear or gets up to 4000RPM. I miss the much better off the line grunt the Mazda3 has. The CX3 really needs more power, the 2.5L Turbo they put in the CX9 would be right at home on the CX3.

A CX3 lowered 2-3 inches with stiffer suspension, better tires, bigger engine, and a 6-speed manual would be a contender for the best hot hatch available in the US. (Supposing you could call the CX3 a hot hatch.)

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Doesn't even necessarily need to be a Speed version, just a bit more horsepower would be nice. The Mazda 3 s here has a 2.5 liter engine with 185 hp. If they could fit that in the CX-3 it would be great. If not, they could try to get a bit more hp out of the 2 liter engine.

I don't think Mazda should lower it though. Mazda already has a hatch, the CX-3 is a utility vehicle in a fast growing segment. If they lowered it and turned it into a hatch it would defeat the entire purpose of why they built it in the first place. Sure you could lower it yourself and change the suspension, but if Mazda did that from the factory it would be DOA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I chose the CX3 over the 3 hatch was AWD. So if the rumors are true that the eventual speed 3 will be AWD I'd probably head over to that. Though the CX3 is by far the best looking car in Mazda's lineup right now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts