Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was complaining a little about not having a storage area under the armrest. I did find that I can use the glove box though to put things in which works out pretty good. So what do you do with the things that you wanted in the glove box that you're not going to use much at all? Well if you look in the cargo area in the back of the vehicle you have the normal area where you can put grocery bags and other things. But if you hold onto the little insert in the floor of the cargo area you can raise that up and there you have another area of about 3 inches deep or in which the full width and depth of the back section can be used for storage. This is a nice area because it's way out of sight from anybody, even at a car wash where they're not going to open that part up. So items there should be more secure. I could even put my long handled combo window sweege/sponge in that area. Thanks Mazda.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Not to bee too picky, would be nice if they had some compartments in there so things don't roll around. My car has underfloor storage with compartments and its handy. I'd have to find some low bins to place smaller items I want to keep in there.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
An often overlooked benefit of that underfloor cavity is that it will contain the parcel shelf. This solves the problem of where to put the darn thing when the rear seats are folded down to take some cargo. A pretty nifty idea from the designers I would say.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Storage space is lacking a bit. It's understandable since it is a pretty small vehicle, but it would still be nice to have a little more. I wonder if there is anything you could buy separately to help the situation, or if Mazda will tinker a bit when they refresh the CX3 to give people just a little more space to store little things.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Storage space is lacking a bit. It's understandable since it is a pretty small vehicle, but it would still be nice to have a little more. I wonder if there is anything you could buy separately to help the situation, or if Mazda will tinker a bit when they refresh the CX3 to give people just a little more space to store little things.
If someone could find a way to flip the front passenger seat all the way forward and flat you could potentially load a small kayak in there. That's a s close to the Honda magic seat system I think Mazda could get short of infringing in patent rights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts