1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
745 Posts
In the garden, on the hard, as the captain says. Great video ... very detailed.

Did I miss it? STEP 1: Before anything else, disconnect the battery!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I guess if you’re playing with electrics you should disconnect the battery but as my vid was more about removing trim, I didn’t include it. As with any info I share it comes with the proviso- work safely.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes, I guess if you’re playing with electrics you should disconnect the battery but as my vid was more about removing trim, I didn’t include it. As with any info I share it comes with the proviso- work safely.
Interestingly, the official PDF doesn't mention the battery disconnection warning ... but I'm sure Mazda gives a general warning somewhere.

Me, I'm terrified of setting off the airbags. Also, I have a Japanese CX-3 Repair DVD, and the fellow makes a big deal of it ... in addition to which, he advises waiting 5 minutes before beginning work.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if you’re disconnecting an airbag, I would definitely advise disconnecting the battery to avoid getting a fast trip over your roof into next doors back yard. They have a capacitor that holds charge in case the battery gets smashed in a crash so a few minutes (about as long as it takes for an Englishman to brew and drink tea) is more than enough ;-)

In my case, no airbags were harmed in the making of the movie!

·
Registered
745 Posts
"Yard"? I thought it was more properly a "garden" >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
745 Posts
It is over here but I think you guys normally say yard?
True. Memories of my several years in Iran working for the remnants of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts