Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C stopped working and I will take it to the shop to have a look at it.

Before, do you guys know exact type and amount of refrigerant 2016 CX-3 needs?
I am missing labels with the specs.

Best,
Marcin

·
Registered
516 Posts
This sounds eerily close to the AC tsb issue thats been popping up every now and then. Keep us updated on what happens/how its resolved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check with the Mazda dealer first then.

Also, for my information, can anyone share a picture of the sticker with the specs for the exact type and amount of refrigerant, please?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got called from my service techs for a recall of my condenser unit. A new one was installed and now that the Summer weather has started to cool down my A/C works too well. For the first time in months I have had to turn the temperature control down so that freezing cold air does not blow in my face any more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was finally able to get an appointment this week to have the condenser replaced. What a difference! It was working previously, but not as well as it does now. All under warranty at no charge.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was finally able to get an appointment this week to have the condenser replaced. What a difference! It was working previously, but not as well as it does now. All under warranty at no charge.
Excellent news. The replacement condenser should be the revised version which was first introduced about a year ago now.

In case you aren't aware, there have been have been other problems with parts of the air conditioning system - namely the evaporator and the control unit - on cars produced up to around July 2016 and Sep 2016 respectively. The evaporator can leak due to improper brazing between the tubes and header and will cause a lack of cool air. The control unit problem shows up when the ambient temperature is around 10 deg C / 50 deg F. It is caused by a fault in the logic within the control unit - the 3 dials inside the car - and results in an inability to control the air temperature and the air output remains too warm even when the dial is just one setting above the minimum cold setting.

I had the condenser replaced on my car back in April 2017 and then early this year the problem with the control unit appeared and so that was replaced in April.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts