Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking forward to picking up my CX3 Akari on Friday in Australia and have found the forum very interesting re mods, differences etc.

This is the top spec model in Australia but is listed as "6 Speaker" audio.

So I assume it does not have a sub in the spare like others do. (on Friday I will know for sure :)

What I am trying to understand is the main difference between the 6 & 7 speaker systems.

Is the MZD the same between both ?

Does one just have a Bose amp and sub ?

Can I tap into line outs from the deck to add a sub if there is not one ?

Wiring diagrams for stereo ?

etc etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmm, well. I can tell you that the Bose system has high power door speakers and an amp under the right hand seat. I think it sounds really good but some who have listened to both say there isn't that much difference. I will try and find more details next time I peruse the manual.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, well. I can tell you that the Bose system has high power door speakers and an amp under the right hand seat. I think it sounds really good but some who have listened to both say there isn't that much difference. I will try and find more details next time I peruse the manual.
Thanks Anchorman.

I will know more tomorrow when i pick it up but if I could source the wiring diagrams for Bose and non Bose CX3's that would be a great help.

From what i can find on other forums it looks like the head unit is possibly the same but the Bose model has a better amp and speaker combo added.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in the top spec Australian CX3 Akari is a 6 speaker system.

No sub in the spare tyre.

would love to see the wiring diagrams for the 6 speaker stereo to see if it can be expanded, added etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
So in the top spec Australian CX3 Akari is a 6 speaker system.

No sub in the spare tyre.

would love to see the wiring diagrams for the 6 speaker stereo to see if it can be expanded, added etc.
I'll have a look this coming week Craigh, see what I can find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The bose audio sounds great IMO. I used to have a mazda 3 with 6 speakers, no sub (not bose) and I can say the bose produces much higher quality sound. However, i dont like the fact that the sub can't be controlled seperately. If someone knows how, i'd like to know. The overall bass can be turned up, but it can sound muddy if too high.
Good luck!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Who has put in the cargo mat ? and how does that affect the sound from the sub ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Who has put in the cargo mat ? and how does that affect the sound from the sub ?
That's a great question Dean. I know from being a student of sound recording technology that low frequencies are pretty forgiving in terms of sub placement and muffling. Bass frequencies will pass though many materials uneffected and I cant imagine a cargo mat making any noticable difference.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I knew there was something. I can show you pdf’s for both speaker systems and I’ll have a little look at the parts catalogue to see how they differ too.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I found this which does have schematic wiring diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks anchorman

The diagrams in the last attachment are great.

Would most likely be easiest to add a sub taking a signal from the rear two speakers and converting it to line level.

I will do some searching on the Mazda3 forums and see if there is line level from the non Bose deck but simplicity may be the answer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Anchorman, is your sub able to be removed by a simple plug? if so, could i get a pic of its location and we should be able to find it here in our Australian Cars. if you think the cost is worth it, i'll probably buy the oem unit direct from Japan from my supplier.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks Anchorman, is your sub able to be removed by a simple plug? if so, could i get a pic of its location and we should be able to find it here in our Australian Cars. if you think the cost is worth it, i'll probably buy the oem unit direct from Japan from my supplier.
But you will also need amplifier for the sub. In BOSE system it is driven by the same amplifier as all other speakers.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You can probably go to a good car audio centre and they will provide you with a speaker and sub upgrade better than the Mazda system for a lot less money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts