Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from San Francisco, CA!!! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile but purchased my Crystal White Pearl Mica CX-3 Grand Touring back in November, 2015 and got one hell of a deal($25,200 plus fees). Just took it down to L.A, got the windows tinted and now have about 3000 miles on it. Last car was a Honda S2000, needed a bigger car and something I can drive for more than an hour before my back started to hurt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice,the Honda S2000 is no slouch either and you got a much better deal than I got on my Mazda.I am kicking myself for not negotiating
Better but I love the CX 3.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hello! Congrats on the CX-3 and hi from a fellow ex-S2K owner.

How are you transitioning from a drop top to a CUV? My time with the S2K was brief (only one year) but I had the AP1 and do genuinely miss a 9000RPM redline. Also miss the instrument cluster; felt like it was a racing simulator everytime!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@Playthru, I actually got a quote from the internet manager and hardly did any negotiating. It may be that the car was purchased during Black Friday week and I had purchased 3 cars from them before.

@DJ999, thank you.

@ Vandal, thank you. I already have a CUV in the household, so the transition wasn't too bad. The CX-3 does not drive like a traditional CUV, imo. Cornering is much better and almost makes up for getting rid of the S2K(in terms of cornering not the shifting or the speed).

I had an 03(AP1) for 8 years and do miss it from time to time, mostly the redline, being a convertible and the shifting, best I've ever driven. What I don't miss is the tight interior, getting in and out of the car and the back pains from driving it. I will probably look to get another one later down the line, but most likely an AP2.

I do miss the instrument cluster and agree that it felt like a racing simulator, but the CX-3 Grand Touring has a pretty decent instrument cluster, the headup display and a digital speedo, which does remind me a little of the S2K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts