Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The placement of the cup holders under the arm rest seem to be a design flaw to me.... and the lack of a center console compartment. There could have been one designed into the arm rest.
Anyone feeling the same way ?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Many who have the armrest echo your same thoughts. Only the US (maybe Canada too) get the armrest and only on GT trim so the cup holder placement isn't too big an issue for others. The console design and lack of storage are where the Mazda2 roots show.

If you add your location to your profile it may help with specifics down the road. So many variations between markets.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The placement of the cup holders under the arm rest seem to be a design flaw to me.... and the lack of a center console compartment. There could have been one designed into the arm rest.
There is an accessory console unit available that provides some storage but it still covers up the cup holders. It folds backwards as well like the armrest. Not perfect but it is better than nothing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Must say DJ, I liked your line in a welcome message.

"If you add your location to your profile it may help with specifics down the road. So many variations between markets".

Maybe it could be added to ALL the welcome messages (for member who didn't add location) to help get new members (and present members) to supply their location.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't think there is a CX-3 owner that is happy with the cup holder/center console situation lol.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Aye, common comments, been well documented!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't think there is a CX-3 owner that is happy with the cup holder/center console situation lol.
I don't have an armrest. The first couple of weeks something was missing. Now I don't even think about it , nor do I miss having an armrest, just lean back in your seat, sit up straight and enjoy the ride!! Nothing in the way of my cup holder.

Reactions: drs88

·
Registered
893 Posts
The entire center console is an afterthought, armrest or not. The position of the cup holders are horrible, the hand break is taking up too much space, the commander controls are awkward to use, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.