Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally got 303 protectant on the fabric part of the seat while I was spraying on the microfiber towel to polish the vinyls inside. I accidentally got few drops on the seat warmer part of the seat. I tried wiping it off immediately but it seems like oil stains. Currently I dabbed it with wet cloth and I'm waiting to see if this works. Does anyone know if it will come off or not or what will remove it? The directions on the back of the bottle says in bold do not use on fabric. I'm worried because the car is only 2 weeks old!

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I'm with 17CeramicMetallicGT, your only hope is going to be a good, gentle detergent.

If this happened to me and the upholstery cleaner didn't work, I'd try giving that entire section of fabric an even coat. I'm not necessarily recommending you do it (my Southern Baptist upbringing; "Do as I say, not as I do.") but at least it would be less noticeable if you could make it uniform in appearance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will that work effectively against 303? Because 303 is very tough to remove off of anything, really
I'm not a chemist but I would certainly give it a try. I guarantee water is not going to get it out. I have used Scotchguard OXY Carpet & Fabric Spot & Stain Remover and it has never failed to remove a stain from seats, carpet and even the headliner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If it happened to me I would reach for my trusty red spray bottle of "Resolve" carpet and upholstery cleaner. I gets stains out of just about any kind of fabric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts