Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My first post here but felt I might pass on some info/(an opinion) that may help. Long story short one of the tires experienced some road damage and all had to be replaced due to no one having the correct size in stock. The local tire shop had the Proxes 4 plus in the 225/50r/18 size. I did not have any other options other than 225/45r/18 and had to purchase one or the other. 225/50r/18 was the decision. I love the responsiveness of the cx3 but felt it a harsh ride at times. This new set of tires cured that and some! In all respects this tire is a great option if/when you need to look at new tires. The only drawback is that the steering response is less laser like and they are a bit pricey/overkill. I only have about 500 miles on them but so far pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hope your Toyo's work out well for you.

Given the limited choices in the OEM 220/50R18 size, I'm thinking of going up one on the profile, with the Continental TrueContact 220/55R18. Very small change according to the Tire Size Calculator.

Anecdotal, but the TrueContacts we had on the Prius were quiet, good in the snow, and wore well.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Absolutely, I went with the same option rather than the smaller 225/45R18. I got the Continental TrueContact tires, they're excellent. It's just minimally larger than the stock 215/50R18.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like I made a good choice on the size. I did some research (after purchase) and the Continentals had received excellent reviews. Outside of having to replace on an emergency basis they may very well have the been one I went with. Past experience with their DWS was great!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sounds like I made a good choice on the size. I did some research (after purchase) and the Continentals had received excellent reviews. Outside of having to replace on an emergency basis they may very well have the been one I went with. Past experience with their DWS was great!
I agree. Easy for me to theorize at my leisure ... but you had to actually make a decision.

No doubt your Toyo's will give you good service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "PNWConcrete, publicación: 143169, miembro: 12697"]
Hola a todos,

Mi primera publicación aquí, pero sentí que podría pasar algo de información / (una opinión) que puede ayudar. En pocas palabras, uno de los neumáticos experimentó algunos daños en la carretera y todos tuvieron que ser reemplazados debido a que nadie tenía el tamaño correcto en stock. La tienda de neumáticos local tenía Proxes 4 plus en el tamaño 225 / 50r / 18. No tenía otras opciones que no fueran 225 / 45r / 18 y tuve que comprar una u otra. 225 / 50r / 18 fue la decisión. Me encanta la capacidad de respuesta del cx3, pero a veces lo sentí como un viaje duro. ¡Este nuevo juego de neumáticos curó eso y algunos! En todos los aspectos, este neumático es una gran opción si necesita buscar neumáticos nuevos. El único inconveniente es que la respuesta de la dirección es menos similar a la del láser y son un poco caras / exageradas. Solo tengo alrededor de 500 millas en ellos, pero hasta ahora estoy bastante contento con ellos.
[/ CITA]
Y cual compro la 225 55 ola 225 45? No ah tenido problemas que raspe la llanta en la salpicadera?? Gracias

1 - 7 of 7 Posts