Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
MINI
I am not saying that you do this , however I have seem many drivers turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary
that is not a good idea, all that trick puts un due stress on the electric steering motor and bearing joints not to mention scrubbing the tire . Ideally the car should be moving either forward or in reverse.
I often preset my front wheels in reverse before moving forward .

·
Registered
2020 2wd CX-3
12 Posts
There is another thread about this issue that I also posted in, so I should reply here too. I had the shaft replaced a couple of months ago, and because we have been in lockdown in new Zealand, had not really driven at open road speeds. I had the opportunity to drive over Christmas, and wish to report that the notchy steering issue has been eliminated with the replacement steering shaft.

At least for the moment, as someone on this forum has reported that it came back sometime after the shaft replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy New Year guys! I had my steering shaft replaced twice in span of 1.5 years and now the issue is coming back again. The steering wheel is getting stucked again after around 7 month from replacement date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I owe a Mazda CX-3 2021 and with 5000kms it has the same issue. I went to the Dealership on 25tf of January to report this issue with the steering wheel and the technician said (once I went to pick up the car) that he has ordered the parts to fix it.
I am in Sydney Australia (I think other CX-3 owners had the same complaint because I was surprised he didn't argue with me about my claim) I will update the Forum next week once the job have benn done. Fingers crossed 🤞 that they will fit it as promised.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts