Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
MINI
I am not saying that you do this , however I have seem many drivers turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary
that is not a good idea, all that trick puts un due stress on the electric steering motor and bearing joints not to mention scrubbing the tire . Ideally the car should be moving either forward or in reverse.
I often preset my front wheels in reverse before moving forward .

·
Registered
2020 2wd CX-3
16 Posts
There is another thread about this issue that I also posted in, so I should reply here too. I had the shaft replaced a couple of months ago, and because we have been in lockdown in new Zealand, had not really driven at open road speeds. I had the opportunity to drive over Christmas, and wish to report that the notchy steering issue has been eliminated with the replacement steering shaft.

At least for the moment, as someone on this forum has reported that it came back sometime after the shaft replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy New Year guys! I had my steering shaft replaced twice in span of 1.5 years and now the issue is coming back again. The steering wheel is getting stucked again after around 7 month from replacement date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone. I owe a Mazda CX-3 2021 and with 5000kms it has the same issue. I went to the Dealership on 25tf of January to report this issue with the steering wheel and the technician said (once I went to pick up the car) that he has ordered the parts to fix it.
I am in Sydney Australia (I think other CX-3 owners had the same complaint because I was surprised he didn't argue with me about my claim) I will update the Forum next week once the job have benn done. Fingers crossed 🤞 that they will fit it as promised.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. I owe a Mazda CX-3 2021 and with 5000kms it has the same issue. I went to the Dealership on 25tf of January to report this issue with the steering wheel and the technician said (once I went to pick up the car) that he has ordered the parts to fix it.
I am in Sydney Australia (I think other CX-3 owners had the same complaint because I was surprised he didn't argue with me about my claim) I will update the Forum next week once the job have benn done. Fingers crossed 🤞 that they will fit it as promised.
I had the same experience with my dealership in Adelaide last year - the service manager said he knew what it was, ordered the parts and it was done as part of my 10,000km service. I'm happy to say that the problem has not reappeared in the 5 months since the work was done, so good luck with your repair. One tip that I'll give you is to ask for a courtesy car if you haven't already - they told me it would take a day, and they had my car for over 4. Luckily, I'd booked a courtesy car and drove around a brand new Mazda 3 during that time

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same experience with my dealership in Adelaide last year - the service manager said he knew what it was, ordered the parts and it was done as part of my 10,000km service. I'm happy to say that the problem has not reappeared in the 5 months since the work was done, so good luck with your repair. One tip that I'll give you is to ask for a courtesy car if you haven't already - they told me it would take a day, and they had my car for over 4. Luckily, I'd booked a courtesy car and drove around a brand new Mazda 3 during that time
Thank you Steph, I will follow your advice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you Steph, I will follow your advice
Hi Stephg, I just picked up my car this afternoon. Because you said that the problem do not reappared in the last 5 months, I wonder if you have the list of the parts they replaced on your car.
These are the parts they replaced today:
-part DEY3-32-100 Steering shaft
-part B455-32-099B Shaft bolt
-part 9YA0-11-003A Bolt
-part KA01-66-154 Bolt Set
part D10J-32-099 Bolt Shaft

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, this was a great little known thread that helped me fix my Mazda CX-3 today. I have a 2020 CX-3 GS AWD that I bought with just under 17k km. I now have 32k km. At about the 30k mark I noticed the "slip" or "notch" while driving down the highway at 100km/hr. When I went to correct my steering it just felt weird. It was hard to explain until I found this forum. I took my car to the dealership as it was still under warranty. The service tech took it for a test drive; however, he could not duplicate what I was feeling after his 15 minutes drive. That's when I pulled out the TSB for North America and the supporting complaints from other CX-3 owners. Based on what I was showing them they ordered a bunch of parts. This is what they replaced: Part DEY3-32-100 Steering shaft; part B455-32-099B Shaft bolt; part 9YA0-11-003A Bolt; part KA01-66-154 Bolt Set; part D10J-32-099 Bolt Shaft. All said and done the Service advisor said it would have costed me $3,000 Canadian in parts, plus labour at 90 minutes. The service advisor said I was the first one in their system to have this work performed. So special I guess.
I drove it home and it seems like it is fixed. I will keep monitoring this and update if there are any issues. Happy for the warranty.
Hi Mini, I had the same parts replaced yesterday for my CX-3 2021 . My car have 5500kms. How is your steering wheel going after they replaced these parts ?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Shelby and Jules...I have a 2020 2WD CX3...2nd hand with 5000k on it...I have only had it for a few months...I have noticed this same problem with the steering "sticking" ever so slightly but today it did it quite a lot more and scared me actually as I was on the M1...I guess I will show them these messages when I take it in. I wonder if this is why it was traded in??? Hmm.....
Hi Shelby and Jules...I have a 2020 2WD CX3...2nd hand with 5000k on it...I have only had it for a few months...I have noticed this same problem with the steering "sticking" ever so slightly but today it did it quite a lot more and scared me actually as I was on the M1...I guess I will show them these messages when I take it in. I wonder if this is why it was traded in??? Hmm.....
Hi Kimmy I have a 2016 Mazda CX3 I have been having steering issues in the past 3 years and now getting a lot worse similar issues as in other posts. I have also come cross the technical bulletin 06-001/20 I asked Mazda Australia Customers service if this tech Bulletin was recognized in Australia to which they replied go back to you dealer for help and would not comment on the bulletin. Do you know if they recognize this bulletin in Australia? Getting worried that it could soon become too dangerous to drive. Cheers Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mini, I had the same parts replaced yesterday for my CX-3 2021 . My car have 5500kms. How is your steering wheel going after they replaced these parts ?
Thanks
Hi JLopez, I have a 2016 Mazda CX3 I have been having steering issues in the past 3 years and now getting a lot worse similar issues as in other posts. I have also come cross the technical bulletin 06-001/20 I asked Mazda Australia Customers service if this tech Bulletin was recognized in Australia to which they replied go back to you dealer for help and would not comment on the bulletin. Do you know if they recognize this bulletin in Australia? Getting worried that it could soon become too dangerous to drive. Cheers Dave

41 - 51 of 51 Posts