Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi again Shelby and Jules...an update for you...I took my car into Wollongong Mazda today and explained the issue. The lady who served me on the service desk had had the same issue with her car and said that they had had several already. The service manager drove the car and despite me saying he would need to taje it on the nearby motorway...he was able to replicate the problem in their car park and video it!!!...they are sending a report to mazda and should be subsequently ordering my parts...fingers crossed...
Hi Kimmy so glad they could diagnose the problem straight up, from what Gosford Mazda have told me is that they have had a few CX3’s come in with the same problem, you would think Mazda would do a recall. I hope your part is delivered quicker than mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jules my steering shaft arrived on Thursday just gone.. ask them why yours is taking so long!!
Hi Shelby, this will make you laugh, the steering shaft did arrive last week but the bolt that holds it all together did not arrive, I am now waiting on the bolt, new ETA mid June 🤪

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kimmy so glad they could diagnose the problem straight up, from what Gosford Mazda have told me is that they have had a few CX3’s come in with the same problem, you would think Mazda would do a recall. I hope your part is delivered quicker than mine.
They called me today and said the part is on back order (none in the country) so they are grounding my car and I get a rental car tomorrow until it is fixed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a Mazda CX3 with only 63,000 km and the steering shaft has gone $3,300 to fix and Mazda said no help 😭
FACTS and FIGURES.
I had that shaft problem happen to me on my friends car some time back the steering wheel just let go, i was lucky that I was driving slow while making a corner. You better know where the* break pedal is.
I have lost count of the number of drivers whom I have seen rack their steering wheel up to180 degrees , that is ,from one side to the other when the vehicle is stoped .
This practice cause additional strain on all the mechanical parts of the steering regardless of the size of the tires or age the enlarged tread patch on over over sized tires increases the risk.

Also turning the steering wheel can , while stopped , causes additional scrubbing wear especially on under inflated front tires .

Generally at idling speeds, the turn can be made easier by moving the vehicle forward or reverse being dependant on the situation.
My earlier cars did not have power assist steering, turning the steering while stopped was vitally impossible, even with an over sized steering wheels , the cars were much heavier, and usually had narrow tires with higher side walls .

* THE word break, is most likely the most popular word in in the English language after ,THE .

CX3
BERMUDA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too took my cx3 in today with a steering problem. mazda said they have had 5 other cars in the last month with same issue. They said if I feel unsafe driving it they will ground my car and give me a rental car until fixed. They said it’s a steering column replacement job? But they will report it and advise me when they know more.
im so disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too took my cx3 in today with a steering problem. mazda said they have had 5 other cars in the last month with same issue. They said if I feel unsafe driving it they will ground my car and give me a rental car until fixed. They said it’s a steering column replacement job? But they will report it and advise me when they know more.
im so disappointed.
I forgot to mention I have only done 7000kms!

·
Registered
74 Posts
FACTS and FIGURES.
I had that shaft problem happen to me on my friends car some time back the steering wheel just let go, i was lucky that I was driving slow while making a corner. You better know where the* break pedal is.
I have lost count of the number of drivers whom I have seen rack their steering wheel up to180 degrees , that is ,from one side to the other when the vehicle is stoped .
This practice cause additional strain on all the mechanical parts of the steering regardless of the size of the tires or age the enlarged tread patch on over over sized tires increases the risk.

Also turning the steering wheel can , while stopped , causes additional scrubbing wear especially on under inflated front tires .

Generally at idling speeds, the turn can be made easier by moving the vehicle forward or reverse being dependant on the situation.
My earlier cars did not have power assist steering, turning the steering while stopped was vitally impossible, even with an over sized steering wheels , the cars were much heavier, and usually had narrow tires with higher side walls .

* THE word break, is most likely the most popular word in in the English language after ,THE .

CX3
BERMUDA
There are occasions when i find my self trying to be helpfull but unfortunately through lack of proper information or being vague , as a consequence reply can be misleading.
We all are very lucky to have many talented people on this forum who are more than will to give their time and effort .

CX3
BERMUDA

21 - 31 of 31 Posts