Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi again Shelby and Jules...an update for you...I took my car into Wollongong Mazda today and explained the issue. The lady who served me on the service desk had had the same issue with her car and said that they had had several already. The service manager drove the car and despite me saying he would need to taje it on the nearby motorway...he was able to replicate the problem in their car park and video it!!!...they are sending a report to mazda and should be subsequently ordering my parts...fingers crossed...
Hi Kimmy so glad they could diagnose the problem straight up, from what Gosford Mazda have told me is that they have had a few CX3’s come in with the same problem, you would think Mazda would do a recall. I hope your part is delivered quicker than mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Kimmy so glad they could diagnose the problem straight up, from what Gosford Mazda have told me is that they have had a few CX3’s come in with the same problem, you would think Mazda would do a recall. I hope your part is delivered quicker than mine.
They called me today and said the part is on back order (none in the country) so they are grounding my car and I get a rental car tomorrow until it is fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too took my cx3 in today with a steering problem. mazda said they have had 5 other cars in the last month with same issue. They said if I feel unsafe driving it they will ground my car and give me a rental car until fixed. They said it’s a steering column replacement job? But they will report it and advise me when they know more.
im so disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too took my cx3 in today with a steering problem. mazda said they have had 5 other cars in the last month with same issue. They said if I feel unsafe driving it they will ground my car and give me a rental car until fixed. They said it’s a steering column replacement job? But they will report it and advise me when they know more.
im so disappointed.
I forgot to mention I have only done 7000kms!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I forgot to mention I have only done 7000kms!
Yes Tdel my car has only 5000Km ...it was grounded after took it in for a test drive (problem found in the car park by service manager)...report and video sent to mazda...I had a rental car the next day and my car was grounded...it is unsafe to drive...waiting until approx 2 July for new steering column...at least they acted on it straight away but takes the shine off a new car...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My CX3 2020 with 7,000 ks steers perfectly at 20 kph but misbehaves, in a way
described by friends here above, when pressed to speed.

Took it to Ryde Mazda today who "recalibrated EP Steering" tested it round the block, found it hunky-dory and they even compared with a similar car and found to be "all normal". Really? Really.

Maybe time to get Trent Nikolich in and also send a demand to Emperor Boss of Mazda
Australia to shake the temple.

·
Registered
2020 2wd CX-3
16 Posts
My 2020 CX3 2wd which I have only had for 6 months (dealer demo) just started doing this yesterday on a 100kph road, so much so that I immediately knew something was not right. It was somewhat reassuring that others have a similar issue (although very disappointing in a near new car) after googling and finding this forum. I will be contacting my Mazda dealer tomorrow to see what they are going to do about it, so will let you all know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My 2020 CX3 2wd which I have only had for 6 months (dealer demo) just started doing this yesterday on a 100kph road, so much so that I immediately knew something was not right. It was somewhat reassuring that others have a similar issue (although very disappointing in a near new car) after googling and finding this forum. I will be contacting my Mazda dealer tomorrow to see what they are going to do about it, so will let you all know.
How’d you go with Mazda ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi again Shelby and Jules...an update for you...I took my car into Wollongong Mazda today and explained the issue. The lady who served me on the service desk had had the same issue with her car and said that they had had several already. The service manager drove the car and despite me saying he would need to taje it on the nearby motorway...he was able to replicate the problem in their car park and video it!!!...they are sending a report to mazda and should be subsequently ordering my parts...fingers crossed...
Oh how did you go with Wollongong Mazda ? What part was replaced ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My CX3 2020 with 7,000 ks steers perfectly at 20 kph but misbehaves, in a way
described by friends here above, when pressed to speed.

Took it to Ryde Mazda today who "recalibrated EP Steering" tested it round the block, found it hunky-dory and they even compared with a similar car and found to be "all normal". Really? Really.

Maybe time to get Trent Nikolich in and also send a demand to Emperor Boss of Mazda
Australia to shake the temple.
Who is Trent & a demand stating what exactly ?
All the time I wasted for 5 months trying to get them to believe my car was faulty and the tears and anxiety!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys! Unfortunately after having steering shafts replaced twice another issue related to steering! There is a ticking/clicking sound coming from the airbag cover while turning the steering and noticable while driving and at idle. Too bad there is no option to upload the video here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, this was a great little known thread that helped me fix my Mazda CX-3 today. I have a 2020 CX-3 GS AWD that I bought with just under 17k km. I now have 32k km. At about the 30k mark I noticed the "slip" or "notch" while driving down the highway at 100km/hr. When I went to correct my steering it just felt weird. It was hard to explain until I found this forum. I took my car to the dealership as it was still under warranty. The service tech took it for a test drive; however, he could not duplicate what I was feeling after his 15 minutes drive. That's when I pulled out the TSB for North America and the supporting complaints from other CX-3 owners. Based on what I was showing them they ordered a bunch of parts. This is what they replaced: Part DEY3-32-100 Steering shaft; part B455-32-099B Shaft bolt; part 9YA0-11-003A Bolt; part KA01-66-154 Bolt Set; part D10J-32-099 Bolt Shaft. All said and done the Service advisor said it would have costed me $3,000 Canadian in parts, plus labour at 90 minutes. The service advisor said I was the first one in their system to have this work performed. So special I guess.
I drove it home and it seems like it is fixed. I will keep monitoring this and update if there are any issues. Happy for the warranty.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts