Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my CX 3 this morning and after letting it warm up I pushed the button to start the rear defroster.
I heard a faint pop noise when I pushed the button.
Have never heard that before.
The defroster would not work.
The car has less than 10K.
The manual for my car was stolen, so I don't even know where to look for a fuse block.
I guess I will have it looked at by the dealer when I get my next oil change.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Started my CX 3 this morning and after letting it warm up I pushed the button to start the rear defroster.
I heard a faint pop noise when I pushed the button.
Have never heard that before.
The defroster would not work.
The car has less than 10K.
The manual for my car was stolen, so I don't even know where to look for a fuse block.
I guess I will have it looked at by the dealer when I get my next oil change.
When I bought my 2016 CX3 used a couple of years ago I found that the manual was in French. No use to me so I need to go online to look things up. Here's a link to the Canadian Mazda site and manual for the 2020 CX3. 2020 CX3 Manual
The photos are a screen shot of the manual pages regarding the fuse panel. The rear window defroster fuse is located in the fuse block which is under the hood. It's number 44.

If it's not the fuse I'm afraid you will have to go to your dealer. Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.47.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.47.45 AM.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strangely, when I went out to start my car the next morning, the defroster is working again. I am stumped, but pleased.
Thank you for the link and info. Sadly, many of the documents and coupons for service that I received with my CX3 were in the manual, so I lost those too. I love my CX3 regardless. I get over 40 MPG on the highway, which is amazing. I think Mazda has done a great job designing the SkyActiv G high compression engine. I love the sound of that little engine. My brother in law is in the market for a new car and is considering a Mazda as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Strangely, when I went out to start my car the next morning, the defroster is working again. I am stumped, but pleased.
Thank you for the link and info. Sadly, many of the documents and coupons for service that I received with my CX3 were in the manual, so I lost those too. I love my CX3 regardless. I get over 40 MPG on the highway, which is amazing. I think Mazda has done a great job designing the SkyActiv G high compression engine. I love the sound of that little engine. My brother in law is in the market for a new car and is considering a Mazda as well.
Good to hear the issue fixed itself, but if it happens again at least you know which fuse to check.

I love my CX3! It's the best handling vehicle I've ever owned (first AWD) and is a total blast to drive in the snow. This is my fourth Mazda and I have been completely satisfied with every one.

Your brother-in-law won't go wrong if he buys one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts