Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Just wanted to post some pictures of the 2019 Mazda CX-3 GT I picked up almost 2 weeks ago. My leased 2016 CX-3 was traded for this one, so I'm very familiar with the differences between the two -- in case you have any questions! I decided to post pictures as a reference for others since I found it difficult to find images of this colour combination and accessories.

Model: Mazda CX-3 GT
Year: 2019
Exterior Colour: Machine Grey
Interior Colour: Pure White
Ext Accessories: Mazda OEM Roof Rack, 20% tint

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Very nice! Look at all that console storage space (not-to-mention the HR-V style electric brake ;-)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I really like what Mazda has done with the center console. The infotainment system controls no longer look like they were squeezed-into their space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's possible I will be getting a 2019 Mazda CX3 GT on Monday.
Do you find that HUD on the dash infront of you a nuisance?
I haven't actually seen the vehicle yet, as they are getting it from another dealership.
I'm short lol 5'2.
Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really like what Mazda has done with the center console. The infotainment system controls no longer look like they were squeezed-into their space.
I saw one in the flesh at my dealership last week. Bastards finally added a real armrest. :crying:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there! I don’t find it’s a nuisance at all and I think you’ll really enjoy the HUD once you get used to it. It’s height adjustable so you should be able to raise or lower the display to fit your height. My partner is also 5’2” and she loves it!

I find it so helpful, that it’s missed it when I’m in other cars...I find that it helps to keep your eyes on the road by providing all nessessary info at a glance.

Enjoy your new cx3!

I haven't actually seen the vehicle yet, as they are getting it from another dealership.
I'm short lol 5'2.
Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm short lol 5'2.
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations of your potential purchase of the 2019 CX-3 GT.

As regards the HUD, I find it very useful and always use it for checking speed and some other information as it is in line of sight. You can adjust the display to take account of your eyesight line. Assuming the US model is the same for the HUD as that in Europe, you should find the following extract from the 2016 owner manual is of use as a guide :-

Each setting/adjustment for the active driving display can be performed on the centre display

1. Select the icon on the home screen and display the Settings screen.
2. Select the AD-Disp tab.
3. Select the desired item and perform the setting/adjustment.

Height : Active driving display position
Brightness Control : Method for adjusting screen brightness (Automatically/Manually)
Calibration : Brightness initialization setting (when selecting automatic adjustment)
Brightness : Brightness adjustment (when selecting manual adjustment)
Navigation : On/Off
Active Driving Display : On/Off
Reset

So if you do find the HUD either a nuisance or useless from your viewpoint, you have the option to turn it off which I'm assuming would mean the plastic display screen stays folded down out of the way. I'd recommend you give it a try and adjust it till you can view it easily and see how you get on with it. I gather the latest HUD now shows speed limit signs so there would be additional settings to those shown above.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there! I don’t find it’s a nuisance at all and I think you’ll really enjoy the HUD once you get used to it. It’s height adjustable so you should be able to raise or lower the display to fit your height. My partner is also 5’2” and she loves it!

I find it so helpful, that it’s missed it when I’m in other cars...I find that it helps to keep your eyes on the road by providing all nessessary info at a glance.

Enjoy your new cx3!
Thank you for your time. One last question if u also have the GT. I was told that with the 18” wheels the ride isn’t as smooth. I guess I will find out Monday when I take it for a spin. My main concern is winter driving. But I will be buying snow tires too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. It seems from searching that many people enjoy the device.
I thought I had read that the plastic actually stays up when you **** the feature off. But I could be wrong.
Regardless. I will remain open minded and I’m sure will grow to love it also.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw one in the flesh at my dealership last week. Bastards finally added a real armrest. :crying:
Keep an eye on the junk yard lol
If a 2019 gets written off I'd be down there in a snap to see what I could salvage....console retrofit anyone?? :D:D:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Keep an eye on the junk yard lol
If a 2019 gets written off I'd be down there in a snap to see what I could salvage....console retrofit anyone?? :D:D:D
Tail lights would be nice too ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you. It seems from searching that many people enjoy the device.
I thought I had read that the plastic actually stays up when you **** the feature off. But I could be wrong.
Regardless. I will remain open minded and I’m sure will grow to love it also.
Thank you!!

I know when the feature is turned off that the display still rises,

as to when you take a sh... couldn't tell you :eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the plastic pop up downgrades the rest of the interior.
That said, at first I found it annoying and now (twice happened) when it's not there I miss it.

Without it, a quick double check of my speed (radar ahead) is distracting.
The majority of the display is occupied by the tachometer so the digits don't readily appear to the brain.

The nav is also nice up there, although I still haven't checked pricing on updates after the "free" three years expires. add it to the $75.00 annual fee for Mazda Mobile Start.

zoom-zoom

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you for your time. One last question if u also have the GT. I was told that with the 18” wheels the ride isn’t as smooth. I guess I will find out Monday when I take it for a spin. My main concern is winter driving. But I will be buying snow tires too.
You will probably find, if you were test driving a CX-3 with 18" wheels against one with 16" wheels, that the ride isn't as smooth on the 18" wheels because the tyres will be lower profile and thus less flexible on bumps and uneven / bad road surfaces etc. See how you get on with your test drive on Monday. By snow tyres do you mean winter ones? I think you'll find many getting winter tyres will put them on another set of 16" wheels - often cheaper steel ones - as the availability of winter tyres for 18" wheels is almost non-existent in many markets plus it makes swapping tyres between the summer and winter seasons far easier.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm short lol 5'2.
Thanks!
I do wish it was projected onto the windshield instead a-la CX-5 but hey, I'm being picky then.
Now, if it ONLY showed speed then I could do without.
What I really like is the Navigation info with the turn arrows and distance to next turn bar.
Also the adaptive cruise info where the little car icon turns orange when it is in range for activation.
I've only seen the big red "BRAKE!" warning a couple of times...once on the road and once testing it (by driving into a little foam "wall" :D)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts