Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend I went to install the dash cam, even though the car was already hit in a parking lot on day 29.

Got everything wired up, but when it came to hard wiring the fuse panel the add a circuit taps won't fit.. they barely stay in the fuse slots but even if they stay in you can't put the cover back on. Talk about a compact car!

Has anyone hard wired a dash cam recently? Most of the threads here are about an older generation CX-3 and maybe had more room in the fuse panel, not sure.

The graphics in this thread (https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/142777-post9.html) show a different wiring point that might still be able to be used? I don't know how I feel about tapping wires and not using the add a fuse though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Rykop,

Correct, it is a tight fit, but it does fit.

I've done mine, used anchorman's info from his install.
Make sure you are using the low profile fuse tap. it's snug but it fit in, and the cover fits on just fine. However I also placed some electrical tape over it to hold it in place.

I've done this in my 2016 model (reverse cam and dash cam combo with picture in picture mode) so it doesn't have anything to with the MZD connect screen, and also helped a friend do it in his 2019.

Godspeed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah like I said though, seems though maybe they changed the fuse box a little bit since then... the cover literally does not fit if the fuses are installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe you should run a fused positive off the battery through a grommet in the firewall to power it, you will have more room there. They sell tap/adapters that go on the battery terminal...inside the vehicles using the fuse box would be a shorter run, if that is important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts