Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 with halogen headlights. The 2019 headlight housing has a projector for the low beam. I have swapped out 9005 and H11 (high/low) LED bulbs. They're fantastic and the cutoff on the low beams is almost identical to the original halogens.

Regarding the DRLs - can anyone tell me what is supposed to be on when the car's in motion? Apparently the parking brake disables the DRL so I can't turn put it in drive, turn the parking brake on, and get out to look. Is it going to attempt to run the low beams on half-power? Just want to make sure I don't turn my car into a strobing disco.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
They shouldn't strobe, just be dimmer. You can see them on when you drive under bridges or reflected on cars in front of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They shouldn't strobe, just be dimmer. You can see them on when you drive under bridges or reflected on cars in front of you.
I don't think LEDs dim at half voltage.
Mine dim a noticeable amount. I know this because driving at night and switching from low beams to parking lights lets me see the difference in brightness when drls are on vs low beam setting

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine dim a noticeable amount. I know this because driving at night and switching from low beams to parking lights lets me see the difference in brightness when drls are on vs low beam setting
You made the same swap for LED bulbs? I'm going to have to investigate this further but usually running an LED at half voltage either does nothing or, in some cases, causes flickering. I've never seen an LED that was dim at half unless it was specifically designed for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great success. I was NOT expecting a positive result, but mine dim for DRL too. Very pleased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts