Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

2019 CX3 Sport purchased 3/22 - my thoughts

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  davehasl 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm pleased to join the forum, this is my first post. I took the car in for the 6-month service last Friday, (4000 miles driven)
so I had some time to know the vehicle a little
The things I noticed since I got it, the tires, as set by the dealer (twice) seemed wrong, relatively gentle curves
on the dual carriageway doing about 55 mph, seemed to understeer with a sensation that the tires were losing their shape.
Tire pressures when warm were about 35 in the front - a little low.

At the service last week the tires were rotated. I haven't checked the pressures but it seems better

I have a couple of things from the service that I haven't resolved yet. The service guy tells me the brake fluid is dirty
and needs to be changed and/or flushed out. My question to the dealer, where I purchased this certified used car,
if it's that bad, shouldn't this have been done prior to them selling the vehicle? I thought that's what certified meant -
all these small things should be taken care of.

Secondly, I could have sworn there was a light in the glove box? Opened last night, it's dark now.

Thirdly, I had the dealer update the software on the sound system, I mentioned it would occasionally hang playing
songs from the phone via Bluetooth. The title appeared in the window but no music played.
When this occurred the only solution I found was to actually turn off the whole car and restart, then the sound system
would work again. (is there really no other way to turn this unit off? That seems odd).

They're also recommending the fuel system flush. They have the service records, it has not been done, 25k miles
on the clock. Thoughts?

Thanks everybody, I'll update this post when I get some more info

See less See more
#3 ·
Secondly, I could have sworn there was a light in the glove box? Opened last night, it's dark now.
Yes, there is a light in the glove box.
It's on and off with the headlights. There is no on/off switch in the glove box.
When the headlights are on, a little light shines in the glove box even when the glove box is closed ;-)

#4 ·
The fuel system flush sounds like a scam. Unless you are buying gas at sketchy gas stations, the gas is very clean, and the fule filter will catch anything like sand it dust.

#5 ·
In regards to the infotainment system, I’ve had my fair share of problems. There is a way to restart the system without shutting the car off, you can read the instructions here: How to Turn Off the Radio in Mazda Vehicles - Flightline Mazda

If the issue persists, I have found that the navigation system is usually the cause of the system freezing/shutting down. My system would constantly shut down and restart while in use, it was more prevalent on colder days. I went to a dealer for the problem and they told me the system was out of warranty, so it would cost around $2,100 to have the entire system replaced. What I did instead was simply remove the navigation SD card from the system. I never used it anyway, and the system never shut off again and has since worked without issue.

#6 ·
In regards to the infotainment system, I’ve had my fair share of problems. There is a way to restart the system without shutting the car off, you can read the instructions here: How to Turn Off the Radio in Mazda Vehicles - Flightline Mazda

If the issue persists, I have found that the navigation system is usually the cause of the system freezing/shutting down. My system would constantly shut down and restart while in use, it was more prevalent on colder days. I went to a dealer for the problem and they told me the system was out of warranty, so it would cost around $2,100 to have the entire system replaced. What I did instead was simply remove the navigation SD card from the system. I never used it anyway, and the system never shut off again and has since worked without issue.
Thanks for mentioning this, I haven't experienced this - I don't have the Nav system. I was considering
purchasing the SD card from eBay where allegedly, it's much chaper that the dealer.

In my issue with playing music from the phone via Bluetooth not actually playing:
it's weird the song title comes up in the screen but there is no audio.
My daughter figured something out in her phones bluetooth setting for the Mazda entry;
I think she enabled phone calls then immediately disabled back to audio only,
and this fixes it until the next time it occurs, perhaps once a week.
The sofware update from the dealer did not fix it. To be honest I'm not really sure what they updated,
perhaps it was only the Gracenote music database

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.