Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

2019 CX3 Sport purchased 3/22 - my thoughts

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  davehasl 
In regards to the infotainment system, I’ve had my fair share of problems. There is a way to restart the system without shutting the car off, you can read the instructions here: How to Turn Off the Radio in Mazda Vehicles - Flightline Mazda

If the issue persists, I have found that the navigation system is usually the cause of the system freezing/shutting down. My system would constantly shut down and restart while in use, it was more prevalent on colder days. I went to a dealer for the problem and they told me the system was out of warranty, so it would cost around $2,100 to have the entire system replaced. What I did instead was simply remove the navigation SD card from the system. I never used it anyway, and the system never shut off again and has since worked without issue.

Thanks for mentioning this, I haven't experienced this - I don't have the Nav system. I was considering
purchasing the SD card from eBay where allegedly, it's much chaper that the dealer.

In my issue with playing music from the phone via Bluetooth not actually playing:
it's weird the song title comes up in the screen but there is no audio.
My daughter figured something out in her phones bluetooth setting for the Mazda entry;
I think she enabled phone calls then immediately disabled back to audio only,
and this fixes it until the next time it occurs, perhaps once a week.
The sofware update from the dealer did not fix it. To be honest I'm not really sure what they updated,
perhaps it was only the Gracenote music database
Interesting, you should be able to check your software’s current version in Settings>System>About>Software Version. From what I’ve read, anything below version 59.00.502 can cause freezing/bluetooth issues. Check to make sure your dealer actually updated the firmware.

Also check in Devices that your phone allows for both Phone and Audio. They are separate and sometimes Audio will be turned off by default, preventing music from playing via bluetooth. If the phone is paired and connected correctly, I would suggest doing the hard reset on the system by holding down the Back + Mute + Nav buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.