Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed yesturday 3 surface bubble rust spots under the back hatch by the latch. It's a 2019 and I haven't had it 2 years. Has anyone else heard of any issues with rust in this area?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just noticed yesturday 3 surface bubble rust spots under the back hatch by the latch. It's a 2019 and I haven't had it 2 years. Has anyone else heard of any issues with rust in this area?
Hi Bessie. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the rust problem.

Mazda did acknowledge a problem in this area on the CX-3 back in late 2016 with "Some vehicles may exhibit rust on the liftgate around the border of the rear mount camera and/or the liftgate opener switch" This was supposedly fixed by "A pad will be newly installed to the liftgate opener switch mount base to prevent the direct interference with the liftgate paint surface." In addition "The shape of the rear mount camera mount base will be changed to prevent the interference with the liftgate paint surface." The rust areas were fixed when customer's complained about the problem by repainting the affected areas and the installation of a protector film.

On cars built after early 2017 some changes were made to prevent the problem happening, so these faults shouldn't have occurred on your 2019 model. If your car is still under warranty in Canada, it will be worth taking to the dealer for them to fix at Mazda's expense not yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts