Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Awww WHAAAAT?!!
Finally an EEb and room for an armrest AND coffee + "a better engine"?!!
Then again my intention was to buy out my lease when my 0% runs out soooo....there is STILL the option of a trade in :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww WHAAAAT?!!
Finally an EEb and room for an armrest AND coffee + "a better engine"?!!
Then again my intention was to buy out my lease when my 0% runs out soooo....there is STILL the option of a trade in :D
It's the seats I'm curious about ... EEB, OK ... and the engine? Turbo? :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
So 2hp and 2tq. Nothing to really worry about or even notice. They claim a broader power band, but to be honest the boost may just be a slight tuning tweak or even a re-rating of the current engine with no real changes (manufacturers are known to do this). To be honest if there truly is a bump, again only 2hp and 2tq, then it is probably to offset any weight gain from the added sound deadener, different console, bigger seats, etc.

The only things I like are the new console with a real armrest and more usability thanks to the electronic e-brake, and the taillights. To be honest I have almost been rear-ended a few times because of distracted drivers not being alerted by my lights which are not nearly bright enough. Those new taillights will be noticeable.

Otherwise, just a nice update, but no need to fret...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, Mazda have added info to the link ... I guess I'm underwhelmed for the most part.
• The seats do not appear to be any longer ... so I think I'll be happier with my all-electric Recaro (IF it ever gets here ... why did I choose sea freight?).
• Definitely underwhelmed with the < 1.5% increase in engine power.
• Possibly not as "safe", but I personally prefer the previous head and tail light designs ... shapes better fit the overall design, IMO.
• New console would be nice. I have never used the emergency brake, not once. Maybe I could switch some plastic ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah, Mazda have added info to the link ... I guess I'm underwhelmed for the most part.
• The seats do not appear to be any longer ... so I think I'll be happier with my all-electric Recaro (IF it ever gets here ... why did I choose sea freight?).
• Definitely underwhelmed with the < 1.5% increase in engine power.
• Possibly not as "safe", but I personally prefer the previous head and tail light designs ... shapes better fit the overall design, IMO.
• New console would be nice. I have never used the emergency brake, not once. Maybe I could switch some plastic ;-)
I'm actually impressed by the most part. Let's be fair to Mazda, they actually have done numerous MCE's more frequently then their competitors in my opinion. I bought a 2017 in Finland, which had lots of improvements over the first edition. Many on this forum complained about the console that should be re-designed, and the seats. Mazda has addressed these two issues in this MCE. So bravo for listening to it's current owners. Job well done Mazda!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm actually impressed by the most part. Let's be fair to Mazda, they actually have done numerous MCE's more frequently then their competitors in my opinion. I bought a 2017 in Finland, which had lots of improvements over the first edition. Many on this forum complained about the console that should be re-designed, and the seats. Mazda has addressed these two issues in this MCE. So bravo for listening to it's current owners. Job well done Mazda!
!00% agree!

EDIT: In addition to entitling the thread CX-3, rather than cx-3, I should have asked, "Are you impressed or unimpressed" ... rather than your degree of "whelm" :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I like that Mazda carried the door molding trip to the lower edges of the front bumper. It adds a more substantial look. As do the wheels with spokes going all the way to the rims edge. The CX-3 looks "meatier" has a whole.

I've been very tempted to get into a BMW x2 but may wait couple years and buy a next gen CX-3.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I forgot to add that Mazda finally announced at the New York Car Show that Car Play will be available as a retrofit to existing CX-3 owners later this year, so I should say overwhelmed with joy! :)
I no longer believe any Mazda statement that it will be available.
Too many years hearing this and the pattern will likely lead to additional charges.

Like a relationship, no matter how much attachment, it's hard to remain when the trust is gone !!

If they blow this one, I'll likely turn into an anti Mazda blogger.
Too bad 'cause I am still happy with my choice but enough bullshit already, get on with it!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I suppose I am moderately impressed (a.k.a. somewhat-whelmed) with the changes/improvements to the 2019 CX-3. In order to push the needle one way or the other, I guess I'd have to see one in person (exterior/interior changes), and/or drive one (engine tweak). In reality, I myself would refrain from dismissing the additional 2HP and 2 lb/ft "increased" output as insignificant without trying it out first. I recall when, 5 months after I bought my MDX, Acura announced big engine improvements for 2010 which included 5 lb/ft less peak torque. When I went back to the dealer and took one for a drive, the difference was substantial across the powerband. That aside, if Mazda had added an digital automatic temperature control, that would have gotten my attention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I no longer believe any Mazda statement that it will be available.
Too many years hearing this and the pattern will likely lead to additional charges.

Like a relationship, no matter how much attachment, it's hard to remain when the trust is gone !!

If they blow this one, I'll likely turn into an anti Mazda blogger.
Too bad 'cause I am still happy with my choice but enough bullshit already, get on with it!!!!!!
I totally get where your coming from. I’m a long time Oakland A’s fan, we been promised a new stadium for like fifteen plus years. You get tired of false promises and credibility is lost, you become a skeptic. Mazda has to deliver to erase your skepticism.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
893 Posts
I believe there is better sound proofing, at least that's what they say. But of course, I would have to take an extended test drive to see it. Also upon reading more on it they say there's now more torque available across every power band, so hopefully it makes the car more lively and my concern of "more power" would be unwarranted. A couple extra inches of backseat legroom would've been great too. Overall I like the interior cosmetic changes, I think they were long overdue, but I would have to drive it to see if driving comfort (road/engine noise, bump absorption, heat-resistant windshield) has been improved.

·
Registered
893 Posts
As for Carplay/Android Auto, I no longer believe anything Mazda says regarding retro-fitting it or adding it to even 2019 models. Mazda is set to completely revamp the infotainment software in 2020 I believe, so that's when I expect they'll release them. As long as my hacked Android Auto works on my CX-3, I'm happy, and yes it works almost perfectly :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh I love the new tail-lights... I might see if they are compatible with older models and have them installed in my 2017 model.
Overall I like the new interior. Ditching the red leather really cleans up the look, and the abundance of red is one of my main frustrations with my car, since I want a blue accent theme, but until I can have the leather replaced, I can't do much to bring it inside.
Overall I am not really a fan of e-parking brakes. As much as I know Mazdas to be reliable, I do prefer my emergency equipment to be mechanical and isolated. Having an electric switch that uses the same brake system it's supposed to back up feels off. But it's called a parking brake, not an emergency brake for a reason, I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't see a CD player so for me that's disappointing. I will say that on test drive, the washing fluid system is perfect. Mazda must habe changed pump and repositioned the 2 nozzles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts