Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Every 2018 CX-3 also comes equipped with a small revision to the suspension system that welcomes new bushings, updated dampers, and a fresh set of front lower control arms, as well as Mazda’s G-Vectoring Control system... New engine mounts, thicker rear-hatch glass, and additional sound-deadening material promise to quiet down what noise, vibration, and harshness makes its way into the cabin.

The $1435 Premium package includes previously available tech... and it also features newly available items such as a power driver’s seat with memory settings and a heated steering wheel."

Full update at Car and Driver here:

2018 Mazda CX-3 Sees Modest $150 Price Bump | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

·
Registered
451 Posts
Interesting! It says that the 2018 version now comes with Smart City Braking. Excuse me but I was under the impression that the 2016 and 2017 models had SCB as well. I have the 2016 model and have been relying on the fact that it has SCB as part of the tech package. Maybe I have been sadly misinformed :(

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There are revisions to SCBS. Maybe this is what it refers too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
This C&D article didn't explain the changes very well. SCBS is now available on ALL trim levels as standard equipment. C&D also didn't mention that the Touring trim also gets a number of items that were previously available on the GT only. That gauge cluster looks different also. The font's appear to be straight || instead of a swept font // I didn't read that change anywhere.

2018 Mazda CX-3 Gains New Tech, Chassis Updates - Motor Trend

·
Registered
451 Posts
Now I am really confused. I read the parts in the manual that refer to SCBS and it mentions that if you have it in your car, there should be a button below the instrument panel that lets you turn it on or off. My car has buttons only for the Blind Spot sensors, the tire pressure monitors and the lane departure warning system. No switch to turn SCBS on or off. So I am still wondering if I am missing it in my car. The sales brochure (which I still have) says the 2016 CX3 GT with Tech is supposed to come with SCBS. I don't want to test it by taking a run at a brick wall to see if the brakes are applied but I don't know of any other way to find out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Now I am really confused. I read the parts in the manual that refer to SCBS and it mentions that if you have it in your car, there should be a button below the instrument panel that lets you turn it on or off. My car has buttons only for the Blind Spot sensors, the tire pressure monitors and the lane departure warning system. No switch to turn SCBS on or off. So I am still wondering if I am missing it in my car. The sales brochure (which I still have) says the 2016 CX3 GT with Tech is supposed to come with SCBS. I don't want to test it by taking a run at a brick wall to see if the brakes are applied but I don't know of any other way to find out.
If You don't have the actual ON/OFF button for SCBS, You should have a soft ON/OFF button in the infotainment system; tha's how it is here in Europe.

·
Registered
745 Posts
GT Power Seats

"Grand Touring ... six-way power driver seat, power driver lumbar support ..."

Very nice but I wonder if the seats are any larger ... specifically if the thigh support has been extended.

In the meantime, for my ol' 2017, I'm scouring eBay for "affordable" Recaros, as installed by several Japanese enthusiasts. Note the extendable thigh support. (For English, dump the url into google translate.)

·
Registered
142 Posts
If You don't have the actual ON/OFF button for SCBS, You should have a soft ON/OFF button in the infotainment system; tha's how it is here in Europe.
That is how it is with my '17 with on/off SCBS selection in the infotainment (under safety tab I think).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Geezer, we have the exact same model.
We have the SCBS and I believe it IS in the safety tab to turn it off.

Mine has activated twice not needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBH8NMhv8o0
I was thinking it might be frost on the window in front of the sensor.
Although it did happen a second time at the exact location. 2 of approx 200 times of driving the same route

I have several occasions where it notifies me but I brake before it activates.

Settle down, not scaring everyone on the road - it's the approach to the gate for parking at work.

SCBS - We have on the '16 & '17 in Canada.
SBS - We do not have on the '16 & '17 in Canada.
MRCC - also not on the '16 & '17 in Canada.

Although we paid for the iActive Technology package , some options were not available here - never did find a reason.

The '18 will have all three, along with heated steering wheel, G-vectoring, colour heads up display &
I can do without the electric chair .. - I mean electric adjustable seat - nobody else drives the car - set and forget.

Still can't believe I bought a car on it's first model year.
I've been lucky , other that rear hatch strut recall , mine had not had a problem and I've driven in almost any conditions imaginable.

Oh, and for those who may not know the acronyms.

SCBS - Smart City Brake Support
SBS - Smart Brake Support
MRCC - Mazda Radar Cruise Control

zoom-zoom- wonder how much $$ from 2016 to 2018

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess when it comes down to it, the moral is - don't believe everything you read in the Owner's Manual. My copy that came with my 2016 CX3 specifically points out that the on/off button for the SCBS is the middle upper one in the safety Systems cluster of switches under the instrument panel. On my car that switch is the Tire pressure monitor system (I forgot the damn acronym as I almost always do). There is no button for the SCBS. Excuse me, but if they say that something important is supposed to be in a certain place and it isn't where they say it is, I get a tad upset. After all, I am a charter member of GOMM - Grumpy Old Men of Milton and I am only carrying out my duties fulfilling my role as Chief Complainer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess when it comes down to it, the moral is - don't believe everything you read in the Owner's Manual. My copy that came with my 2016 CX3 specifically points out that the on/off button for the SCBS is the middle upper one in the safety Systems cluster of switches under the instrument panel. On my car that switch is the Tire pressure monitor system (I forgot the damn acronym as I almost always do). There is no button for the SCBS. Excuse me, but if they say that something important is supposed to be in a certain place and it isn't where they say it is, I get a tad upset. After all, I am a charter member of GOMM - Grumpy Old Men of Milton and I am only carrying out my duties fulfilling my role as Chief Complainer.
It clearly says near the front of the owner's manual that not all functions described within may be available in your vehicle. I think the manuals are used for multiple countries and as such describe all the potential equipment scenarios.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts