Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Amazing! I had assumed the Merc AMG GT, but who actually originated this style?

Cupholders ... this appears to have some U.S. influence, given that all good U.S. designs begin with cupholder placement, and then add the accessories: steering wheel, gear change, seats ...
Note also yet another, the four ring variation on the Matsuda logo :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Every time I see cupholders in a car (particularly in the front cabin area) I shake my head. This is a recipe for disaster - not just spilled coffee on your favorite jacket, but inability to maneuver in an emergency situation with a hot mug of coffee in your hand. So for me the cup holder is merely a place to stow things and I'd much rather that it was replaced by a more practical use of space.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Every time I see cupholders in a car (particularly in the front cabin area) I shake my head. This is a recipe for disaster - not just spilled coffee on your favorite jacket, but inability to maneuver in an emergency situation with a hot mug of coffee in your hand. So for me the cup holder is merely a place to stow things and I'd much rather that it was replaced by a more practical use of space.
Do people actually drink hot coffee from a mug while driving? Do mugs even fit in cup holders? I commute daily with a lidded stainless tumbler of coffee and a decent cup holder is appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats

At least the cupholders appear to be hidden on the AMG GT 0:)
Probably the difference it a 50k car vs 30k car, attention to detail, and probably listend to what customers actually wanted and the way they use them.

I wonder how long Mazda will still have a CD Player fitted ???

I wonder if this is what we can expect ???

See Below Image hope it works.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Wonder if this is what we may see also, or maybe its a different model car.
'Don't know what that is ... but this IS a CX-3 ... even RHD, for the men with thunder :--)

Notice the Recaro's adjustable thigh support ... just checked these out at Super Autobacs ... I want!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed

'Don't know what that is ... but this IS a CX-3 ... even RHD, for the men with thunder :--)

Notice the Recaro's adjustable thigh support ... just checked these out at Super Autobacs ... I want!
with you on the Recaro Seats, very nice indeed and would also love to have them.

Maybe Mazda may come out with something as an option with Power upgrade also to compete against maybe the VW Golf, now that would be wicked.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with you on the Recaro Seats, very nice indeed and would also love to have them.

Maybe Mazda may come out with something as an option with Power upgrade also to compete against maybe the VW Golf, now that would be wicked.
In the meantime, throw this link into your Google Translate, and DIY ... of course you first need to find the seat ;--)

(Notes: You can also google-up additional Recaro/CX-3 projects ... my more-than-ample butt requests I do this sooner rather than later ... wife says her side's OK, so I need only one.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting

In the meantime, throw this link into your Google Translate, and DIY ... of course you first need to find the seat ;--)

(Notes: You can also google-up additional Recaro/CX-3 projects ... my more-than-ample butt requests I do this sooner rather than later ... wife says her side's OK, so I need only one.)
to say the least, further down that page it talks of maybe a kit coming for the seats, giddy up.

Did you have a look at the Image I posted ?;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to say the least, further down that page it talks of maybe a kit coming for the seats, giddy up.

Did you have a look at the Image I posted ?;)
A power seat retro-fit would, no doubt, sell well ... but it wouldn't solve my need for a larger seat ... I need something larger all-round: butt, shoulders, thigh support, not-to-mention an adjustable lumbar support.

Your 2018 interior jpeg certainly would be a radical departure from the present version ... electronic parking brake and more efficient utilization of the console would be #1 priority for me (after a larger pilot's seat, of course).

The seats in your jpeg do look sumptuous :--)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I do agree

A power seat retro-fit would, no doubt, sell well ... but it wouldn't solve my need for a larger seat ... I need something larger all-round: butt, shoulders, thigh support, not-to-mention an adjustable lumbar support.

Your 2018 interior jpeg certainly would be a radical departure from the present version ... electronic parking brake and more efficient utilization of the console would be #1 priority for me (after a larger pilot's seat, of course).

The seats in your jpeg do look sumptuous :--)
with you in regard to a larger seat as well, as not being of a build of someone resembling a pipe cleaner, lol.

The Image I was referring to was of the Car shot from the side, what a quick play with photo editor and can come up with something that probably would not look too bad at all, just imagine how easy it would be to get into a 2 door CX3.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with you in regard to a larger seat as well, as not being of a build of someone resembling a pipe cleaner, lol.

The Image I was referring to was of the Car shot from the side, what a quick play with photo editor and can come up with something that probably would not look too bad at all, just imagine how easy it would be to get into a 2 door CX3.
Wow! I missed that completely!

As it is, you have to be in a real pinch to put humanoids back there ... another example of how the CX-3 serves admirably as an ersatz 356 Coupe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts