Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
My CX3 is not heating up properly
OBD says about 50° Celsius ( about 122°F )

The dealership here in Iceland says I can not replace just the thermostat and that I need to replace the whole housing.
In fact they tell me there is no thermostat. Just a computer controlled valve S**t system and they want $1800 for the part.

Can that really be?

Best regards.
Karl.
Iceland

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks alot.
I'm gonna call the stealership again.
I have talked to them 2x and they keep saying I need to buy the whole part for $1800.
It is hard to belive.

Best regards.
Karl.
Iceland

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know what is temperature now in Iceland Ilive in Croatia and here is hot, but I think that something is wrong with thermostat. Thermostat is blocked and cooling path is long and its wery hard to
reach right work temperature.That is only my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are in bad position because Iceland has few autopart store.Look at net.
Now it is about +15°celcius.
The other day when it was about +5 and I blasted full heat in the morning I noticed it was not getting very warm in the car.
I connected a obd reader to the car and then engine just got about 40°celcius. This is not normal. I only drive highway speed with this car.
When it was -20 last winter the engine was always at about 80+°celcius

Iceland has probably 30-40 autopart stores , the problem is that they can not find a thermo and then the dealership says it is this whole $1800 part

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is very interesting. Always is problem with overheating. Realy I dont know what to say. Thermostat I find in one shop I think in England.

Best regards and I wish you to solve this issue,

Josip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts