Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice write-up. Love this car more everyday. Funny about that hole in the armrest. I noticed it when I was re-arranging everything from my trade-in. When I went back to my dealer, I asked the salesman if they could find a replacement piece for my armrest since it looks like it was missing. He didn't know but looked at the showroom car and then said it was supposed to be that way. When I asked why, the gaggle of salesman said it was a map pocket. Fold up you map and put it in there. I told them that is doubtful, who uses maps anymore and that I don't think Mazda would design a map pocket since everything else is pretty modern. iPhone 5 will fit but make sure the screen is facing away from that clip.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I put my phone in the slot, face down and have no problems. My case is silicone so resilient to the clip. Its handy to cue music on my phone then slip it in the slot.

A slot for a map? Were they serious? And aren't armrest equipped models also Nav equipped?!? :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At first, I thought the hole was to put your fingers in while gripping the armrest, lol. Then I looked in and saw a clip so tried my iPhone 6S Plus and sure enough! My girlfriend didn't believe it until I found evidence online of others saying so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh good! Mystery solved! I always wondered what accessory I was missing that was supposed to clip in there. I don't really understand WHY I'd want my phone hanging out of the end of the armrest, though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you're careful with a flat blade screwdriver, you can get that armrest hole and carefully press up against the clip to make the tension a little looser.

That does help the vise-like grip the clip has on your phone and make it kinder and gentler in its grip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're careful with a flat blade screwdriver, you can get that armrest hole and carefully press up against the clip to make the tension a little looser.

That does help the vise-like grip the clip has on your phone and make it kinder and gentler in its grip.
The salesman at the dealership informed us about the slot and said that Mazda designed it to hold tightly to the phone in case you're in an accident... That way, it won't fly out and end up somewhere you may not be able to reach it to call for help (down by your feet, under the seat).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had issues with my armrest making noise so I had my dealer replace it. They pulled an armrest off another car that they had on the lot. I noticed right away that the clip inside on the new armrest was much much tighter than the old one. I fixed it and it works fine now. No scratches and no more broken cases.

Instructions:
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/39833-post10.html

A few pics:
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/39849-post11.html

Edit: Also, I stick my iphone 6S Plus in my armrest all the time. The phone is too big to fit in the little cubby by the USB ports and not very well secured there. I don't like leaving sliding around on the passenger seat either. And I usually have drinks of some sort in my cupholders, so those are occupied. I shove the phone in there and then handle most of the controls via the commander knob, steering wheel controls, or with voice commands. "Heeeey, Siri!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts