Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to buy a used 2016/2017 cx-3. Is there a reason why I should buy a 2017 vs a 2016? I heard the A/C gave a lot problems, but I am not sure if it is a recall or if Mazda fixed in later years.

·
Registered
745 Posts
AFAIK, there are no (significant) differences. Mazda makes ongoing changes/improvements ... i.e., do not necessarily save them up for a year model change. My brake issue (TSB 04-002/17) applied to late 2016 and early 2017's. I do see a TSB 07-004/17 for A/C evaporator leaks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AFAIK, there are no (significant) differences. Mazda makes ongoing changes/improvements ... i.e., do not necessarily save them up for a year model change. My brake issue (TSB 04-002/17) applied to late 2016 and early 2017's. I do see a TSB 07-004/17 for A/C evaporator leaks.
. Thank for the reply. I'll try to look for a 2017, although the I can't seem to find any on sale. Did Mazda not sell enought?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know where you live, however, in my neck of the woods (northeastern USA), not many CX-3s are seen on the roads, and I have seen none on used car lots. Figure that if any of the earliest of the 2016s were leased (like in late 2015), those should start showing up at Mazda dealers very soon. I am patiently waiting for the 2019 CX-5 to arrive (with the 227hp 2.5 turbo), so my neighborhood Mazda dealer is most anxious to get their hands on mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know where you live, however, in my neck of the woods (northeastern USA), not many CX-3s are seen on the roads, and I have seen none on used car lots. Figure that if any of the earliest of the 2016s were leased (like in late 2015), those should start showing up at Mazda dealers very soon. I am patiently waiting for the 2019 CX-5 to arrive (with the 227hp 2.5 turbo), so my neighborhood Mazda dealer is most anxious to get their hands on mine.
I live in San Diego CA. I've been looking for a used cx-3 for about 2 months and I can't find any. There are about 3 cx-3 for sale in my area by dealers. I am looking for a private seller, grand touring awd. There is only one for sale in craigslist but it is salvage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts