Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Mazda CX-9 is set to debut officially at the Los Angeles Auto Show, but, as is quite common these days, it has leaked online ahead of schedule.

The leaked photos appear to be from a print ad. They show the front, rear and interior of the new SUV. All-in-all it is designed in keeping with the Kodo design language.

Engines haven't been announced yet, but it's possible that it could be the first vehicle to have Mazda's new turbocharged 2.5-litre engine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Seen what the interior looks like and the dash is IMPRESSIVE. If Mazda had a luxury division that built off of the foundation found here, i'm sure they would stand out well, but who knows if that's going to happen at all.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Seen what the interior looks like and the dash is IMPRESSIVE. If Mazda had a luxury division that built off of the foundation found here, i'm sure they would stand out well, but who knows if that's going to happen at all.
Mazda started to initiate a luxury brand (Amanti) back in the 90's to compete with Lexus/Infiniti. The Millenia was to be that brands launch car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This looks hot. Glad they took cues from the CX3 instead of CX5, makes this look super aggressive. I believe the older ones were 6 seats anyway, so no surprise that it continues that way.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks great! Wish my wife had held off getting the 2016 CX-5 and got this instead. BTW, CX-9 is a 7-seater, not 6. Three in the center row, two in back. If you look closely at the interior shot, you can see the belt and buckle draped over the seat just left of the center seat position. Also, there's the center headrest.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't notice this earlier, but that tail light dragged out in the back, is that still a light, or just some ornamental chrome? If it's like a brake light that stretches across the back, that may be the coolest thing in this vehicle.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've been following the posts on the Mazda Facebook site and wow, so much enthusiasm for a large SUV!

Hope to see the 2.5 250hp/310tq motor in other models. I know there are a lot of Speed3 folks wanting a new car!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I didn't notice this earlier, but that tail light dragged out in the back, is that still a light, or just some ornamental chrome? If it's like a brake light that stretches across the back, that may be the coolest thing in this vehicle.
That looks like a strip of chrome to me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
When it comes to styling, this the hottest SUV in its segment, probably the nicest looking large SUV we can get without having to spend triple what it will cost to get the future Jaguar F-Pace:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its nice to see so many CX3 cues in the CX9. I hope it ages well and we get a lot of longevity out of the design.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
They both look slightly Porsche Cayenne to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow. Very nice upgrade from the previous model. I watched the unveiling online, nicely done Mazda.

Are they going with a turbo four? I wonder what this behemoths fuel economy will be with skyactiv treatment? Estimated at 20% less than the outgoing version. That's quite a bit.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Are they going with a turbo four? I wonder what this behemoths fuel economy will be with skyactiv treatment? Estimated at 20% less than the outgoing version. That's quite a bit.
Yes, the 2.5L Turbo.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Information from Mazda Denmark is that the 2.5 Turbo in the new CX-9 has 250BHP and 420NM of torque and they are using a new variable turbo charger called Dynamic Pressure Turbo.
And there are no plans for selling the new CX-9 in Europe :(
North Americans love over-sized SUVs while the ROW doesn't. You most likely couldn't' fit this monster anywhere in Europe and it would cost a fortune in fuel!

·
Registered
256 Posts
North Americans love over-sized SUVs while the ROW doesn't. You most likely couldn't' fit this monster anywhere in Europe and it would cost a fortune in fuel!
Yeah, I know.
I actually test drove a 2015 CX-9 yesterday. The sales guy at the local Mazda dealership, where we are buying our CX-3 from, gave us the keys to his boss's CX-9....his boss did say it was ok :)

It's a VERY big car compared to what we are used to in Europe. But it didn't feel that big when driving it. But for the price of the car, it lagged certain features and the interior was not up to the price tag. I would without any doubt choose the CX-5 over the CX-9, even if I had the money to buy a CX-9.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts