Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I purchased my CX-3 GS model a month ago. I was gonna get the GT model but the price difference was too much so I decided to stick with the GS model.
When I was closing the deal the sales guy said that the GX and GS model does not come with satellite radio XM.
I got very frustrated because my previous car had XM and now I am pretty addicted to it lol.
We all know our CX-3 comes with a very cool screen and sound system. I don't think it is fear to buy a second receiver and install in the car just to have XM radio. We will have a beautiful Mazda connect touchscreen plus a XM Radio on the side.
I called mazda to file a complain because at least they should add sirius XM as an option to BUY like they do with the GPS Maps.
Do you guys know if theres any way to get XM on the touchscreen? Also it is very frustating to see XM faded on the screen everytime I access entertainment.

Best regards!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Elderb,

My official answer would be "I don't know", however sometimes it's more economical to have a standard build and disable certain features. The question now becomes does the GX/GS come with the radio hardware installed in disabled mode. I know there is a way to have Sirius or Aha disappear from the menu if you have a GT and don't want them in the menu, but I don't know if the opposite would work. It might be worth a shot.

Check out the following which shows you how to disable / reorder menu items. Perhaps the same method would work to enable XM if the car comes with the hardware installed. Personally, I got rid of Aha and Stitcher.

hacks:sourcelistorder [Mazda3Hacks]

You'll need to be a bit adventurous to get into your CMU's command line interface... At your own risk Sire.

- B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help!
How do I access the menu to make the changes?
I have installed in my car Aha, Stitcher and Pandora (doesn't even work in Canada).
It was a bad move from them not adding SiriusXM in all the models. Even the most basic toyota, hyundai cars comes with XM subscription.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its been my understanding that XM is a dying format due to the myriad of streaming services that are now available along with all the various types of media interfaces. I can't believe this car came with a CD player. I've not used CD's since 2008.

Is there an XM app that you can opt for and stream via USB or bluetooth?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Canada. We dont have unlimited data plans for phones here. I can stream siriusxm from the app but I have to pay subscription plus a data plan overcharge so it is not worth it.
My CX-3 came with Pandora radio. It doesnt even work in Canada.
At least siriusxm works here so why not give it to us xm instead of the useless pandora? I am really pissed off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same here

I was expecting Xirius, too.

Anyway. The question would be how to access the registry? USB? Actual display?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I was closing the deal the sales guy said that the GX and GS model does not come with satellite radio XM.
I seem to recall when I was looking at this, I found a part number to add on a SiriusXM receiver after the fact (maybe around $400ish?). We ended up going with the GT in the end, so that's all just a fuzzy memory now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was frustrated by this too. I know this vehicle is capable but it's not a plug and play kinda deal. Why couldn't they just have it available. They didn't even need to give me a 6 month free offer (although that would've sweetened the deal haha). Wish they had this so all I needed to do is whip out my credit card info and subscribe. It's just things like this that annoy me about my car. ://///

·
Registered
75 Posts
You'll need to purchase the sirius add-on accessory from mazda. Its around 400 canadian. Only the GT comes factory equipped with it. I only buy fully loaded cars after having my first car which was also a mazda. I ended up spending more money trying to load up my first car with aftermarket components trying to make it "fully loaded". Its an addicition.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You'll need to purchase the sirius add-on accessory from mazda. Its around 400 canadian. Only the GT comes factory equipped with it. I only buy fully loaded cars after having my first car which was also a mazda. I ended up spending more money trying to load up my first car with aftermarket components trying to make it "fully loaded". Its an addicition.
I have the touring model and it came with Sirius XM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the touring model and it came with Sirius XM.
Ah sorry, my answer only holds true for the model lineup in Canada. We only have GX, GS, GT and GT with Tech

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called Mazda, they said there is no Add ons for GS and GX model for sirius xm.
Only GT model comes with sirius.
They recommended a external player for sirius xm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just called Mazda, they said there is no Add ons for GS and GX model for sirius xm.
Only GT model comes with sirius.
They recommended a external player for sirius xm.
Like what I said, so annoying!! :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also called another dealership in another town in Ontario. Their customer service was great! Anyways they said once again there is no way to add xm. Only using external player.
Also they said sirius xm is a dying format. The company is doing pretty bad.
They recommended me using Spotify lol and podcasts lol.
Still its annoying to see the XM faded on the screen. It pisses me off lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also called another dealership in another town in Ontario. Their customer service was great! Anyways they said once again there is no way to add xm. Only using external player.
Also they said sirius xm is a dying format. The company is doing pretty bad.
They recommended me using Spotify lol and podcasts lol.
Still its annoying to see the XM faded on the screen. It pisses me off lol
If it is dying why did they just give Howard Stern millions in a new contract.Spotify and podcasts does not cover all genres of music and that is where xm excels it covers all the bases of music.
If you like baseball it covers all the games the same for football in the US.
XM is well worth it for me because it covers the type of music or talk shows including sports that I like.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah that's news to me lol, Sirius XM is definitely not a dying format. Maybe it's just not popular in Canada.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Reminds me of the bitter battle in the 1940-50 era when they finally decided to allow Canadians to own a radio receiver without having to buy a license to operate it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Reminds me of the bitter battle in the 1940-50 era when they finally decided to allow Canadians to own a radio receiver without having to buy a license to operate it.
Jeez, what's wrong with the Canadian government? License to operate a radio, penalty for not having DRL lol

I'm rethinking my plan to go to Canada if Donald Trump wins the election ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ah the joys of digital radio. Here in the UK we have DAB. As the country that developed it you'd think we'd have the latest version but no. While Europe enjoys DAB+ we have to endure standard DAB with awful bitrates.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ah the joys of digital radio. Here in the UK we have DAB. As the country that developed it you'd think we'd have the latest version but no. While Europe enjoys DAB+ we have to endure standard DAB with awful bitrates.
Actually I think I got the dates wrong. The law required people to obtain a license during WWII. I believe it was to keep wireless technology under strict control with various German sponsored pro-Nazi broadcasts. It was rescinded shortly after the war. And hey, I agree with the law to make DRLs mandatory. I just wish it went further and made it to include lights front and back! I always drive with lights on as a safety practice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts