Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just purchased my new CX-3! I haven't received it yet, hopefully to get it this week.

I opted to not get the armrest "accessory" for $300 and hope I can purchase one aftermarket. Any idea what is the the best one to get? I hear that the armrest prohibit access to the cup holders - if i can't get to my coffee I won't be a happy camper.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

~ePhil

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unhappy camper it is then because both armrests foul the cup holders. I believe the deep armrest is best as the shallow has no storage space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you able to post a link to one? and do they flip up at least when not in use?

Thank you for the quick reply!!

~ePhil

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would wait and see if you really miss or need the armrest or storage space. I've had my car for around 6 weeks now and haven't missed having an armrest at all so far. Having sad that I haven't yet had the time to take it for a really long drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the european armrest with storage. I really like it and dont regret it at all. The storage inside the armrest is really nice. I think thats the better one of those 2 mazda armrests.
The storage compartment does take away some space underneath the armrest. But you can always flip the armrest upp so problem solved, if you ask me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Armrest

Thank you everyone!

For daily use, i won't need the arm rest. But being 6'2 almost, on long haul drives I need my arm on something. Sure, i could just put a pillow or something there but just thought i would look around and see what is available.

Thank you once again,

~eP

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm very happy with the armrest. I'm used to having one and the storage is handy. Not fussed about it getting in the way of the cup holders as I never use them.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm very happy with the armrest. I'm used to having one and the storage is handy. Not fussed about it getting in the way of the cup holders as I never use them.
Our armrest is much more practical than the US one. Apart from a phone holder, they have no storage.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Our armrest is much more practical than the US one. Apart from a phone holder, they have no storage.
It would have to be better than the US one, which is pretty worthless.
Well, no car is perfect; right?

But I wonder why they made them different; didn't someone try the US one and realize it was worthless?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It would have to be better than the US one, which is pretty worthless.
Well, no car is perfect; right?

But I wonder why they made them different; didn't someone try the US one and realize it was worthless?
The one I had was quite good. It made a heck of a difference with storage space despite it not being cavernous.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where are you that the armrest is an option?

I put my hand on it when I get in the car, but otherwise the US one is useless. I really miss the one on my Subaru impresa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The armrest was one of the few accessories that I ordered, along with mudguards and the fitted floormats, I couldnt get comfortable without it. On a side note, it does block the cupholders and has a seemingly useless storage space at the front end of it??

·
Registered
893 Posts
On a side note, it does block the cupholders and has a seemingly useless storage space at the front end of it??
It's a place to hold your paper maps :p

Kidding, it's actually a phone holder. A useless one at that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's a place to hold your paper maps :p

Kidding, it's actually a phone holder. A useless one at that.
I use it for holding my license and registration. Interesting that when the police had one of their most recent roadside checks I was asked for my license and registration and he was blown away with how quickly I was able to produce it. I just leaned over, grabbed it, and swoosh there it was! But it only works if you have a plastic or leather license holder. I would never try and force a phone into that space even with a protective case, it would most likely emerge with scratches everywhere.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad I got the armrest fitted. Plenty of storage and to be honest I don't use cup holders in cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts