Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into the price of a 2014 Mazda CX3 and while I know its still quite early in the process, as the vehicle design and engines haven't yet been determined I am looking at estimating my payments and the price.

I think the 2014 Mazda CX3 will price like this:

CX3 base with 1.6L diesel = $22,995

CX3 base with 1.4L gas = $20,495

I think that would make it ultra-competitive price-wise, and sell a lot of volume!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The US price for the CX5 starts at $21000 and for the Mazda2 is $15000. The CX3 should start between those 2 amounts. Since we don't have specs, it's up in the air.

The main competitor should be the new Honda urban SUV concept (169 inches long - part of the Fit platform), the Outlander Sport (169 inches long), Juke. It may also compete with the subcompact/compact hatchback car class such as the Veloster, Fit, Rio, Fiesta, Sonic, Accent, Yaris.

I like the invisible rear doors of the Honda urban SUV. It's similar to the Sonic hatchback rear doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The US price for the CX5 starts at $21000 and for the Mazda2 is $15000. The CX3 should start between those 2 amounts. Since we don't have specs, it's up in the air.

The main competitor should be the new Honda urban SUV concept (169 inches long - part of the Fit platform), the Outlander Sport (169 inches long), Juke. It may also compete with the subcompact/compact hatchback car class such as the Veloster, Fit, Rio, Fiesta, Sonic, Accent, Yaris.

I like the invisible rear doors of the Honda urban SUV. It's similar to the Sonic hatchback rear doors.
I would love to see a price in the 17k or 18k range, but I think it will be $19,999 ... just seems to be how manufacturers price their SUV's these days.

Invisible rear doors get a thumbs up from me as well :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys i am guessing/speculating that this is probably true, but I don't understand what Mazda is trying to accomplish these days? I get the feeling that a CX3 would cannibalize sales from the regular Mazda3, so doubtful it will be introduced in the US lineup.
Super Metal Recyclers

·
Registered
168 Posts
From what I've been reading Mazda won't price the CX3 until the late spring/early summer...

I think they're making a mistake and fun the risk of losing significant volume to the HRV. I mean they were never going to beat Honda on volume, but they could of prempted them and at least on board before the hoards went HRV...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am very impressed with the official pricing now that it has been revealed. Quite affordable and very competitive. i don't think many will be able to complain about the price.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am very impressed with the official pricing now that it has been revealed. Quite affordable and very competitive. i don't think many will be able to complain about the price.
They had to, it's what slots them into the market and positions them well for the type of volume they want, what ever that volume number may be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts