Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 1st complimentary oil change at the dealer right at 5000 miles the other day. I mentioned the infotainment system had rebooted a couple of times so they checked and found a software update. Had to order wiper blades since they didn't have any in stock. Once I start paying for service I'll stick to the basic oil change, or I'll do it myself. What they claim as a $100 service with tire rotation was only $40 at the Ford dealer.

My Curt hitch and wiring arrived today, so I'll install them next week.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The 6 litres of oil for my diesel costs the equivalent of $90 US here.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got my 1st complimentary oil change at the dealer right at 5000 miles the other day. I mentioned the infotainment system had rebooted a couple of times so they checked and found a software update. Had to order wiper blades since they didn't have any in stock. Once I start paying for service I'll stick to the basic oil change, or I'll do it myself. What they claim as a $100 service with tire rotation was only $40 at the Ford dealer.

My Curt hitch and wiring arrived today, so I'll install them next week.
Let us know how that works out as I am wanting to install one but I am worried that it may void the warranty.I want a hitch to install a bike rack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can buy the full synthetic Castrol or Mobil 1 for about $26 at Walmart. Not sure what the OEM filter will cost.

The hitch is great. I'll add some pictures soon.

One warning on the Curt wiring instructions. They were wrong on access to the taillight. Had to remove everything to install the wiring harness. It all works though, so I'm ready to tow my lightweight Aluma trailer I use for my kayak and bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let us know how that works out as I am wanting to install one but I am worried that it may void the warranty.I want a hitch to install a bike rack.
I wouldn't worry about voiding the warranty. A hitch with no wiring is obviously only usable for a bike rack.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pictures would be great and does it seem strong enough to hold a bike rack and two bikes.I wouldn't get a curt because I would have to add a strap from the rack to the back of the cx-3 so I am looking at the hidden hitch.
How hard was the install?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey are we supposed to go in at 5k? The manual prepaid warranty said we should go in every 7500 miles, and i'm guessing that's the only time I would have to go in aside from repairs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
When the time for an oil change comes around, the car itself notifies me. It should display the "Check engine" light (an amber wrench) when it is time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
When the time for an oil change comes around, the car itself notifies me. It should display the "Check engine" light (an amber wrench) when it is time.
Yes but make sure the maintenance schedule is set properly. I have mine set to notify me every 5000 miles. Sure enough the wrench icon comes on a couple hundred miles before it hits 5000.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will have the first one done early around three months but I will only have about 2000 miles on it.I figure the oil has been it around eight months from the build date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3k Oil Change

Our Dealer wants to do the 1st 'free' oil change at 3k! I understand the reasoning and will most likely let them do it, from then on its DIY time! :):laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts