Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2021 CX-3 Sport and i'm interested in upgrading the stock 16" wheels. I'm curious if anyone here has gone with the following setup:

18x8 +45mm offset w/ 225/50/18 tires

Right now i'm looking at the Enkei TS9's w/ Continental TrueContact tires and i'm curious if anyone has size combination and what your experience has been as far as drive/comfort?

I was also thinking about going with 17x8, but I really feel like the 18s look better on the CX-3.

Thanks in advance and glad to be part of this community!

·
Registered
131 Posts
First of all I'm surprised the "sport" model comes with 16" wheels. I would have thought 17" at the smallest; my GT model came with 18" wheels.

Anyway, a 225 width tire will fit onto the OEM 18 x 7 rims, so there is no need to go to a wider rim and mess with the offset. I'm not sure what the offset is on the OEM rims, but the farther you push the wheels out, the better the chances are that the tires will contact the fenders.

I have 225 / 55 winter tires mounted on 17" rims so I know that size will work on the car without making contact.

For a full listing of tire sizes that fit the CX-3 check the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Further to my earlier post, the stock offset for the CX-3 is +50mm. The chart I found advised against changing the offset by too much and only had recommendations to go to +48mm, so your 18x8 rims with a +45mm offset might be a little too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts