Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall fello Zoom Zoomers.

I just picked up a 18 CX3 a week ago. I just noticed a few days that there is a clicking sound under the hood everytime I turns on the ac. It’s like a click every between 5-30 secs. Is this normal fellow Cx3 owners? I will also bring it to Mazda tomorrow for checkup The car also has 68k on it. Thanks for the inputs and stay safe.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If it's only making noise while ac is on, then its definitely related to the compressor. Whether its the compressor clutch kicking on and off or something else the main telling point will be if you have ac working or not. If you have someone turn on the ac in the car youll be able to see the clutch kick in and spin the compressor wheel if you watch the bottom part of the serpentine belt where the ac lines come to and from. It doesn't run nonstop and will turn on and off once temps are met to blow the set temp air. If you dont have ac working properly then it could be anything from condenser to evap to random line crack to the conpressor itself.

Needless to say compressor wise there isnt any input that can be done by anyone besides replacing it so you dont need to worry about maintenance, its either working or not and when its not working it wont "click" on the compressor clutch to run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts