New Owner is SHOCKED When He Found This Out... - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Owner is SHOCKED When He Found This Out...

Now that I've gotten your attention with blatant clickbait, I am genuinely shocked at how small the fuel thimble is on AWD models. 1/4 tank, 24X miles, 8.247 gals at 2.349/gal. I'm spending less than $20/fill-up... every 24X miles... What's everybody else getting for fuel economy on AWD models?

2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport "Bitesized Barbara"
46G Machine Gray Metallic, D0E Black Cloth
Birthday: 30 May 2019 | Adoption: 2 Sep 2019
Build Codes: FOL - PORTFOLIO | Z85 - I-ACTIVESENSE STANDALONE | JCG - MACHINE GRAY PAINT CHARGE | 1SP - SPORT I-ACTIVESENSE PKG
Modifications: Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
right now really not bothering with mileage.
because i know its not that great.
so waiting after break in period, hopefully 700 miles or so.
yeh agree that tank is small.
but i would be ok with 25 mpg mix driving.
hope people chimes in.

thanks
post #3 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I get an average of city 27mpg and 32 highway. I've driven over 50,000 miles in my 2017 CX3.

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." -Mark Twain

post #4 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I was about to be very concerned at why my dns and adblockers didnt catch that headline but it was just a post.

Getting 26mpg with mainly city with some highway driving with heavy noisy all terrain tires.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #5 of 16 Old 09-05-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasube View Post
right now really not bothering with mileage.
because i know its not that great.
so waiting after break in period, hopefully 700 miles or so.
yeh agree that tank is small.
but i would be ok with 25 mpg mix driving.
hope people chimes in.

thanks
It's a hell of a lot better than my Subaru I used to drive! That thing would get 400 to a tank (full to empty) and average 19 in the winter, 25 in the summer. It's just so small that I'm finding myself planning weekly gas station trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dablduya View Post
I get an average of city 27mpg and 32 highway. I've driven over 50,000 miles in my 2017 CX3.
AWD? That's pretty much on par with EPA estimates. I never really cared to look how big the gas tank was before I purchased the CX-3. Ever so slightly regretting it, but I'm having so much fun in it that I don't really care all that much anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
I was about to be very concerned at why my dns and adblockers didnt catch that headline but it was just a post.

Getting 26mpg with mainly city with some highway driving with heavy noisy all terrain tires.
Gotcha! What kind of tires do you have? Same OE tire size?

Build Codes: FOL - PORTFOLIO | Z85 - I-ACTIVESENSE STANDALONE | JCG - MACHINE GRAY PAINT CHARGE | 1SP - SPORT I-ACTIVESENSE PKG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-05-2019, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Bf Goodrich KO2s, had to downsize to 16" wheels and get a little higher sidewall (only ones that would fit and smallest size they offered anyways) to get that close to oem fit with no rubbing and such. Road noise makes you alot more informed of how fast you drive so sometimes it helps you drive more 'efficiently' but you can also still gun it like usual which works. Now to just get a lift going for larger tires haha

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #7 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I get around 26-27 mpg average depending on the season. For the summer I run 215/45 R18 RE050As and for the winter I have 225/45 R18 Falken Eurowinters.

As a side note, I have been "overfilling" the tiny little gas tank by 1 gallon after the pump stops for the past 3+ years to no ill effect. This way I get around 300 miles per tank consistently, which is acceptable. YMMV.

Current Stable: 2016 Mazda CX-3 AWD; 2017 Volvo V60 AWD; 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata; 2009 Yamaha FZ6; 2007 Hyundai Accent; 1989 Jeep Comanche
post #8 of 16 Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Bf Goodrich KO2s, had to downsize to 16" wheels and get a little higher sidewall (only ones that would fit and smallest size they offered anyways) to get that close to oem fit with no rubbing and such. Road noise makes you alot more informed of how fast you drive so sometimes it helps you drive more 'efficiently' but you can also still gun it like usual which works. Now to just get a lift going for larger tires haha
That's what I'm running right now are the stock 16" rims. Yoko Avid Envigor tires. They're dece. Once they're worn to 4/32" I'll be upgrading to some nicer 18" wheels. Want to look like a GT hahah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGrayMSM View Post
I get around 26-27 mpg average depending on the season. For the summer I run 215/45 R18 RE050As and for the winter I have 225/45 R18 Falken Eurowinters.

As a side note, I have been "overfilling" the tiny little gas tank by 1 gallon after the pump stops for the past 3+ years to no ill effect. This way I get around 300 miles per tank consistently, which is acceptable. YMMV.
I'd be slightly concerned about the possible damage to the evaporative canister. The Mazda training I did kind of engraved into my soul that once the pump stops automatically, don't top it off as it could damage certain fuel systems and it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

post #9 of 16 Old 09-10-2019, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
would also love to get a hold of eom 18's.
but might have to settle for aftermarket.
how would the ride and noise quality change by going to 18's.

thanks
post #10 of 16 Old 09-10-2019, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Our 2016 did not fully break in until 5-6K. Then our mileage leveled out at their best levels. We get 25-26 MPG in town and 32-34 MPG on highway. Can't complain for an AWD car. The small fuel tank is NOT a problem for us. The car now has 30K on it.

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ