LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasube View Post
would also love to get a hold of eom 18's.
but might have to settle for aftermarket.
how would the ride and noise quality change by going to 18's.

thanks
Ride quality will be harsher as the shorter sidewall of the tire will not allow for a lot of flexibility to absorb bumps in the road. High speed handling maneuvers will be improved due to a stiffer and shorter sidewall. Noise quality will be lower (louder) again due to less rubber absorbing road vibration and harshness.

2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport "Bitesized Barbara"
46G Machine Gray Metallic, D0E Black Cloth
Birthday: 30 May 2019 | Adoption: 2 Sep 2019
Build Codes: FOL - PORTFOLIO | Z85 - I-ACTIVESENSE STANDALONE | JCG - MACHINE GRAY PAINT CHARGE | 1SP - SPORT I-ACTIVESENSE PKG
Modifications: Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 09-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
The make/model of tires will have a big impact on NVH.

The OE 18" Yokohama S34 tires are noisy and not terribly comfortable. I briefly put a set of 245/40-18 Hankook R-S3 (almost race tires) mounted to some old 18x8 alloys on the car (after debris destroyed one of the Yokos) and those were even worse. Eventually found a steal of a deal on some 235-wide Michelin Pilot Super Sports and those ride like a dream compared to the OE and almost-race tires.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I'm surprised that people are getting what I would call quite low mileage out of the AWD. Now its' run in (12,000 miles), mine will routinely do 320 miles with some left in the tank, and the last fill was 350 miles still with around 3/4 gallon left. I make that around 45 mpg (UK). The trip computer shows usually around 43 mpg at the end of a tank. I don't hang about either, but I do drive economically.

CX-3 Sport Nav AWD 2.0 petrol Soul Red

post #14 of 16 Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolf-99 View Post
I'm surprised that people are getting what I would call quite low mileage out of the AWD. Now its' run in (12,000 miles), mine will routinely do 320 miles with some left in the tank, and the last fill was 350 miles still with around 3/4 gallon left. I make that around 45 mpg (UK). The trip computer shows usually around 43 mpg at the end of a tank. I don't hang about either, but I do drive economically.
It entirely depends on your driving conditions. If you drive 50 mph with no stop and go traffic almost all the time, I can see how you might get 43mpg. If you do stop and go driving and then highway driving (say 75-80 mph) there is absolutely no way you will get anywhere close to 43mpg. You will struggle to hit 30mpg.

Current Stable: 2016 Mazda CX-3 AWD; 2017 Volvo V60 AWD; 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata; 2009 Yamaha FZ6; 2007 Hyundai Accent; 1989 Jeep Comanche
post #15 of 16 Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I get 34.2 MPG with mine using 300 miles per tank on my fill up. I drive 100 miles a day mostly highway.
If not highway I get 32.4.
Same size tires that came on it.
2016' CX-3.

Dave
post #16 of 16 Old Today, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My last fill was 31.9 MPG. 197 miles on that tank with just under 1/2 tank. Indicated 130-ish miles to empty. I really don't like going under 1/4 tank to help keep the fuel pump cool and happy, so I find myself regularly taking the CX-3 to its watering hole. The guy at the gas station I fill at asked if I'm really loving my car because I'm coming back every 2-3 days to fill up. I love it, yes. However the fuel thimble is causing me come back every couple hundred miles. I'm used to larger fuel tanks with 400 miles of range (2012 Mazda3 2.0 SkyActiv, 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5, 2008 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5). Long road trips to California, Texas, Florida are usually an annual event. It's a little distressing to me haha. I didn't really think about the fuel tank size when I purchased it. Just need to carry a jug of fuel with me when I go just in case I run low with no stations close by.

2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport "Bitesized Barbara"
46G Machine Gray Metallic, D0E Black Cloth
Birthday: 30 May 2019 | Adoption: 2 Sep 2019
Build Codes: FOL - PORTFOLIO | Z85 - I-ACTIVESENSE STANDALONE | JCG - MACHINE GRAY PAINT CHARGE | 1SP - SPORT I-ACTIVESENSE PKG
Modifications: Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode