3Likes
  • 1 Post By anchorman
  • 2 Post By jtonline

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-15-2017, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rainex'd the windshield and side mirrors!

Quel difference on visibility!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not a fan of anything on the windshield. They cause me problems when there is light rain or spray - especially at night.
jtonline likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 5 Old 02-15-2017, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I have used Rain X for years and if applied properly gives excellent service and in rain at speed wipers are seldom necessary. Follow directions for proper install and work hard at buffing or streaking will occur and cause clouding. If this happens just rub it out and all is good. This said I have never noticed any advantage to using on the mirrors.

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ

post #4 of 5 Old 02-15-2017, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I am also a fan of RainX. One thing to keep in mind is that if not put on properly (applied to a less-than-clean windshield for instance), it can cause a haze on the windshield that is really hard to get off. If this happens, the thing to do is rub the glass with a damp cloth until the haze disappears.

Another problem with RainX on cars with automatic wipers is that one should probably not engage the automatic wiper function. In a light rain or drizzle, RainX works wonders by sheeting the moisture from the windshield without using the wipers. The Auto setting negates this. (Besides, I find the auto functions of just about anything on the car very annoying!)

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Geezer; 02-15-2017 at 02:55 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
In a light rain or drizzle, RainX works wonders by sheeting the moisture from the windshield without using the wipers.
Rather than sheeting, it beads the water which then rolls off the glass, but only when there is sufficient water and speed of airflow over the windscreen.

I found that if there's light rain, drizzle, fog or road spray and you're travelling in slow moving traffic, you have to use the wipers. This caused the water droplets to smear across the glass. At night, with oncoming vehicle headlights, it seriously reduced visibility. I believe this was anchorman's experience too.

I had it on the windscreen of a new car.. and yes, I applied it properly, it's not difficult to do.
anchorman and zbgirl like this.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode