User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-29-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suspension problem

Anyone able to tell me what this is and how to fix it? I hit a massive pothole the other day, ended up bending the rim, and putting the spair on and noticed this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160525_163055_1464483192581.jpg
Views:	1481
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	9666  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-29-2016, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum. Its a pity it wasn’t just for social reasons you joined but you have come to the right place.

You’ve torn the rear bush out of the lower suspension arm - my guess is that makes a horrendous noise. A big problem we have is that members don’t fill in their profile so I can’t see where you are. If you are in a location where Mazda 2s are sold you might stand a chance but in the USA, I think you will be stuck with a dealer part only. I’ve attached the fitting instructions and the general layout.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf suspension lower arm.pdf (126.5 KB, 414 views)
File Type: pdf suspension front.pdf (158.8 KB, 471 views)
LeeBeckstar and jetydosa like this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 13 Old 05-29-2016, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Man,that's sad sorry for your misfortune.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-29-2016, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Think he's gone buying a Hummer!
Cyclone1410 likes this.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

post #5 of 13 Old 05-30-2016, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
this kind of stuff makes me very fearful of driving on bumpy roads.

here in Toronto, Canada, if you file a complaint with evidence (pictures, location of pot hole & a certified mechanic backing your claim) you can have the city reimburse you (or your insurance, however you pay) for the repairs. In canada it is the city's responsibility to ensure roads are "safe" for vehicles .

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #6 of 13 Old 05-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Same in the UK. I could honestly fix that in less than an hour but I would be looking to reclaim the costs. It might be prudent to get the tracking checked afterwards.

post #7 of 13 Old 05-31-2016, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Same in most place in the US that I've heard of. Some places are pretty stingy about actually paying out, though, and sometimes you have to wait months to see payment. Years ago, I got pulled over for speeding 12 mph over the limit in my WRX (go figure...). There was a light rain coming down and the officer dropped his metal clipboard and scratched the hell out of my door literally 3 days after I just got the car out of the body shop for repairing damage someone else did to my car. It was unreal how often I had other people damaging that car.

Anyway, I filed a complaint with the police department and the city attorney's office. Took 5 months before I finally got a check from them to cover the repair bill. They didn't even tear up my citation or at least drop the fine as a courtesy for causing a huge inconvenience.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue
post #8 of 13 Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for the information. It's probably not worth the hassle to try and get money from the state for the damages. I got a good deal on a tire and rim but I'm having trouble finding the lower suspension arm. It looks fairly easy to replace. I figured because these cars are fairly new it would be an issue locating parts. Is that going to be a dealer only part. I'm in the U.S.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
I can't imagine there's much in the way of aftermarket parts, especially here in the US. We don't even get the full catalog of factory accessories let alone aftermarket parts like this to choose from. Most likely going to a dealer for an OEM part or importing a part if you want something aftermarket. I'd be surprised if there's aftermarket control arms anywhere, though, to be honest. A few years back it was sort of common for guys to replace the steel parts with beefy aluminum control arms on some cars. If I remember right, Subaru even offered them as a factory upgrade option for a while on the WRX when I bought mine. Not sure if anyone still does that or not. Probably have to order the part, but you should be able to get it in a couple days at most. They have to have some of these in the US for body shop repair work. My infotainment MCU module shipped from a warehouse in California and the dealer had it the next day. I bet they go through a lot more control arms than they do MCU modules.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue
post #10 of 13 Old 06-01-2016, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
It would be better anyway with the genuine part. On a new model, if I was fitting aftermarket I would fit a pair. You don't want odd ones. They can usually get them from a central warehouse or even get them sent by urgent mail from Japan.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode