LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-02-2015, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Wheel lock Recommendation

Hi,

[Editing original post]

Just purchased the CX-3 on Tuesday and now looking for accessories.

I have the Grand Touring so I'm looking for wheel locks. Does anyone know the thread size/lug nut height? For example, looking at locks at amazon, the sizes are like 1/2'-20 thread or M12 x 1.5. I don't which fit the CX-3.

Thanks.

Last edited by kimck99; 10-02-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-23-2016, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd go with a set of Gorilla X2 Wheel locks. You can find these on Amazon.com at a decent price of $23 USD.

You want to look for lock nuts/lugs with 12mmx1.50.

For the Gorilla X2 the part # would be: 71631X.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
M12 x 1.5 is the correct size.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents

post #4 of 9 Old 01-29-2016, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
the dealership i got my car from scammed me in that they installed Mazda OEM wheel locks on the wheels upon purchase. was only $45 CAD so i didn't try to argue...

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #5 of 9 Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Mine came with wheel locks (no extra charge)..
post #6 of 9 Old 01-29-2016, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDAL View Post
the dealership i got my car from scammed me in that they installed Mazda OEM wheel locks on the wheels upon purchase. was only $45 CAD so i didn't try to argue...
That's one thing I always watch out for since they know we're spending a lot already that some double digits won't matter. Meanwhile they fear us possibly wanting to negotiate it in as a barrier to sales papers being signed... some people i know take advantage of that big time with mats, vent visors, etc.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXIII View Post
That's one thing I always watch out for since they know we're spending a lot already that some double digits won't matter. Meanwhile they fear us possibly wanting to negotiate it in as a barrier to sales papers being signed... some people i know take advantage of that big time with mats, vent visors, etc.
Yeah I knew I wouldn't get much cash off the car so asked for goodies instead.. They waived their silly paperwork fees ($500!), gave me mats, navigation and another $1000 off.. But I had to bargain HARD for that!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
You have to buy them?

UK models all come with locking wheel nuts and they are really good quality ones that are chromed.

How can this be? Apparently there is a pack that is sent via post from Japan containing the manual, window etching stencils, SD card and locking wheel nuts. It meets the car back at the dealer.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #9 of 9 Old 01-31-2016, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Each region is different.

For Mazda Canada, they don't include this with the car. Some dealerships charge you for it and say you have no choice because Mazda charges them. Other dealerships don't say they charge you but are probably burying it somewhere into the cost of the car.

The markup on these things are crazy but most items/accessories purchased from the dealership are.

You're better off buying aftermarket and my previous post shows you how cheap they can be had from Amazon. Plus the aftermarket sets are more unique with the key and are of a better design.

1st rule when you get them is to make sure you record the key # in a safe place and know the process to get a replacement key should you lose the one with the set. When ever you get your car serviced ensure you have the key in hand before leaving the repair shop. Also, ensure the shop does not use an air gun to install the lock nut but hand tighten 84 to 90 foot pounds. This should ensure you can remove it yourself with the tools in the car if you get a flat on the side of the road and also that they don't break your key taken the lock nut off due to over torqueing.

Mazda Enthusiast currently researching the CX3 and would like:
2016 CX3 GT w/ Technology Package. Soul Red on Pure White Leather?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode