Possible lift kit! - Page 10 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 98 Old 09-25-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I really wanted sparco terras but got these ones at a closeout 1/3 price of sparcos at tirerack so it looked much more appealing for the price at the time especially when you factor in the price of full set of ko2s lol.

So after getting the suspension alignment done its much much better and sounds less awkward on the tire noise since its not trying to angle weird. I know the guy before said it needs new shocks but honestly to me it feels great. If anything you feel bumps a little less hard (especially with over inflated ko2s) but not as underdamped as the original guy on fb claimed. Maybe they got fwd parts? I can still drive like usual and sharp turns/'creative driving' have not been impacted.

In case youre wondering how much of an impact the suspension had on sensors without the alignment, it kept setting off my tpms (pre 2018 style) which was based on tire/wheel rotation measurements as opposed to regular sensors in the wheel measuring pressure. It was sufficient enough to keep triggering it as if something was off constantly even through resetting. Once alignment was done with it has not come back and I just drove about 50 miles since then.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 09-25-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDevDan View Post
Totally inspiring. I've found my next unnecessary expense. Probably going to go with some Sparco Terra wheels, make myself a little wannabe rally car. I also have an idea for a front light bar with the tiedown hook mounts.
Speaking of front light bar mounts, this might interest you
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/appea...ar-lights.html

post #93 of 98 Old 09-27-2019, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Speaking of front light bar mounts, this might interest you
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/appea...ar-lights.html
I'd seen that - I'd prefer not to do any slicing, dicing, or drilling if I can avoid it.

How are the springs treating ya?

post #94 of 98 Old 09-30-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDevDan View Post
I'd seen that - I'd prefer not to do any slicing, dicing, or drilling if I can avoid it.

How are the springs treating ya?
After a few days of heavy driving I can say it definitly complements the ko2's well. The ride got rougher for obvious reasons when i switched from oem to the ko2 tires and this somewhat helped restore that a bit. Acceleration and turns are still the same and the car still feels glued to the ground. The tires also have larger sidewall then usual 16s so it effects the car with an extra 3/4" ish of lift as opposed to someone putting these springs on an entirely oem wheel/tire setup.

Braking is still good and there no bounce when hard braking, though this will probably depend on what conditions peoples shocks/struts are as well. Overall I would never go back to oem springs after this lol besides the much better look and ground clearance for the front bumper it is exactly what the cx-3 should have been like from the factory imo.
Stokers Rule likes this.

post #95 of 98 Old 10-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Man, it looks fantastic.
Just to clarify in my mind, this lift is the new springs alone or did you use the spacers you bought earlier?
post #96 of 98 Old 10-01-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokers Rule View Post
Man, it looks fantastic.
Just to clarify in my mind, this lift is the new springs alone or did you use the spacers you bought earlier?
Just the springs all around, no spacers. I was gonna use the spacers on the rear shock and maybe the front if there was an issue with the suspension rebounding but there was none at all. Probably the only benefit of our unnaturally stiff suspension to start with lol

post #97 of 98 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Slycoopers,

With the springs installed, what are your thoughts on increasing tire size?

Like a 215/65 on a 17" wheel?
post #98 of 98 Old Today, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

2 Things I would say prior to people taking on any tire changes in association with a lift, or even without anyways.

1) Lift helps with upper clearance not the side. So if you were rubbing on the fender which will most likely happen on the side as opposed to the top of the wheel well, you will still probably rub. Trucks usually have wider fender sides which allows a lift to accomodate larger tires but in our case its not so much the same. I have 215/65 16s (downsized from 18s) and it has about 1/2" - 3/4 clearance from contact on the sharpest wheel turns on the closest point from wheel to fender. which is on the sides of the wheel. Taking into consideration that I am already larger sidewall than stock 16 size of oem mazda wheel and a little bit more less offset (pushing the tire out a bit more also contributes to the distance between wheel-fender rubbing possibiities) The lift helps mainly with ground clearance of the front bumper in my opinion.
2) Speedo is going to be really skewed. Im already a few mph and up to 5+ when on the highway at higher speeds than what Im actually reading. Your size mentioned will most likely be even larger resulting in an even higher speed difference.

I wish I could provide better help with the size but my tire calc site is apparently dumb when comparing different sizes now since a recent update. It assumes we have same sidewall height which is not the case since the numbers are differed by the overall tire spec ratios which change more than just the difference in wheel size.

But then again another part of me just says meh why not go for it haha. Trial and error is always fun. Worst case scenario if it does not fit, you can use it as a spare tire for the rear if it has rubbing issues in the front. This was my logic when I ordered the first ko2 tire of this size.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode