User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 04-28-2018, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Summer wheels are on!

Forgive the lack of shine, I really need to wax it after this winter. I just went ahead and put the wheels on and washed it up to take some pictures. The wheels are Konig Oversteers, 18x8," 45mm offset, with JBR 5mm spacers on the rear. Tires are 235/45/18.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_191412_1524958664908.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	20922   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_191355_1524958689300.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	20930   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_191344_1524958709051.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	20938  

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-29-2018, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks good, as you know I have the same wheel just 1" smaller diameter. You did the same centre cap emblems as me I believe how did the sizing work out on the caps?

What tire did you go with?

Are you planning on lowering the car (the front 3/4 view makes it look like your car has a lifted front end a lot of wheelwell space there from the top of the tire to the wheelwell)?

T. Chan
17 CX-3 GS AWD
10 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD
09 Z06
13 GT500
post #3 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

That is just the way it is setting. I'd like to try the Eibach springs at some time as I believe the Corksports are just too low.

The center cap stickers could stand to be 1mm bigger to fit perfectly.

The tires are a newer Sumitomo that did really well in comparison testing. I can't remember the exact model off the top of my head. I've had them waiting to go on for a few months, so I forgot and didn't pay attention when putting them on. They are the newest in their HTR line. Ultra High Performance All-Season.

I'll try to get a level side picture tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
Looks good, as you know I have the same wheel just 1" smaller diameter. You did the same centre cap emblems as me I believe how did the sizing work out on the caps?

What tire did you go with?

Are you planning on lowering the car (the front 3/4 view makes it look like your car has a lifted front end a lot of wheelwell space there from the top of the tire to the wheelwell)?

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.

post #4 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

I can't find the Eibach or H&R springs available here in the U.S. yet.

post #5 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

I have found the H&R springs available now in the U.S. When I get the cash to burn, I may buy some (they are not a necessary purchase right now IMHO). They lower the car around 1.1 inches according to their specs. Perfect for the character of this car. Also, suspension travel is as important to handling as center of gravity in many cases. The Corksport springs may make the CX-3 look low and mean, but they take away a lot of travel and make it a turd scraping machine. Of course I am always careful, but why make it excessive when it isn't needed? Further, I have seen some reviews on the CX-5 Corksport springs and they are awful. Bottoming out the struts/shocks, etc. I know there have been positive reviews on here, but for a DD, and with horrible roads, I think the drop that either the H&R or Eibach springs provide is more to my liking. Just my opinion.

post #6 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
A little comparison in heights...

I realize it's not the greatest comparison because of the various wheel diameters and tire profiles...

2018 Touring in Ceramic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DavidRam; 04-30-2018 at 04:43 PM.
post #7 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
It looks like there is a hint of rake with both springs..?

I have about 100lbs of audio in the trunk, so that takes care of the rake. Lol

The wheels look great!

2018 Touring in Ceramic

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
post #8 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments and comparison pics guys.

I really believe that the Eibach or H&R are the way to go, especially for me. They preserve a lot of suspension travel, ground clearance, and still look good. Plus the slight rake looks nice on the CX-3.
DavidRam likes this.

post #9 of 34 Old 04-30-2018, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Hurrah!!! looks good!

It's certainly addictive to do more and more to the car ie "now to lower it!"
Personally I think that the CX3's looks benefits greatly from a 1in drop but...I'll be in the same boat where it will be more of a want, at the moment, over a need lol.
@DavidRam that's a nice little comparison there as I was leaning towards the Corksports eventually.
Also I'm pretty sure @Silman over in Oz has had both Eibachs and Corks and I remember him posting that the Eibachs were a bit TOO rough and switched to Corks (I may be mistaken)?
DavidRam likes this.

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #10 of 34 Old 05-01-2018, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
I can't find the Eibach or H&R springs available here in the U.S. yet.
Torque, I cam across these on Ebay
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Eibach-Pro-K...zOIa#vi-ilComp
Its the Canadian site so the US may even be cheaper. Only thing is to verify its the right springs. They do say up to 40mm drop (1.5in) but that seems a little high for Eibach's no?
But also says 20-25mm lowering "VA", and 20-25mm lowering "HA".

I dunno man, it's all in German lol

EDIT: just found the part number, it'S correct for the CX-3: E10-55-018-02--22

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.

Last edited by PandaG; 05-01-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode