User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-04-2018, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Question Corksport springs experience

I am thinking of springs for my CX-3. I know all the arguments against, but I really want to stabilize some of the handling characteristics of the car. Ride height and poor matching of damper valving to springs are the leading causes of some of the bobbliness we get at times. The CX-3 is an amazing handler, but it can be improved.

I know that Corksport tried to take the factory damper valving into account when they developed their springs, but they really drop the CX-3. That front overhang worries me plus I have factory splash guards. I worry about scraping that front and the splash guards. Does anyone on here have the Corksport springs? If you do, please chime in with your experiences.

Thanks.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-05-2018, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

I know there is another thread asking for similar info, but that is from a while ago. Just looking for more info. Thanks.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-05-2018, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I have no experience to share... Only an opinion - it looks awesome and I'm sure it would improve handling.

2018 Touring in Ceramic
AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS: http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/electr...a-hate-me.html

post #4 of 15 Old 04-05-2018, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
There is also this: https://www.bcracing-usa.com/product...RoCezgQAvD_BwE

2018 Touring in Ceramic
AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS: http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/electr...a-hate-me.html
post #5 of 15 Old 04-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage
Time to be a guinea pig!
DavidRam likes this.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-06-2018, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Guys,

Have had Eibach's fitted, very hard compared to factory coils, removed them.

Have Corksports fitted now, absolutely love them, feels only marginally firmer than factory coils, yes car looks so much better when dropped in my opinion, I am also running 20's no scrub issues at all.

Yes front over hang is closer to the ground as expected, but having driven many lowered cars over the years you do get to know what you can do and can not.

Even when had the Eibach's in it I was still carefull as such.

Just my thoughts though on this matter, and as you eluded to, there will always be those in favor, and those against these type of mods, thats what make these cars a personal thing.

Check my Gallery Images of how my car looks and sits, I have just installed a A45 AMG Style rear spoiler which I am yet to upload some pics of, but will get around to doing it soon.

1st Photo is with Eibach's, 2nd is with Corks

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170709_141757.1.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	20609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170723_102635.1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	20617  
TORQUERULES likes this.

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard
post #7 of 15 Old 04-06-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I have driven many lowered cars before too and I understand what you mean. Just wondering how bad it is. You car looks really good. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
Hi Guys,

Have Corksports fitted now, absolutely love them, feels only marginally firmer than factory coils, yes car looks so much better when dropped in my opinion, I am also running 20's no scrub issues at all.

Yes front over hang is closer to the ground as expected, but having driven many lowered cars over the years you do get to know what you can do and can not.

Just my thoughts though on this matter, and as you eluded to, there will always be those in favor, and those against these type of mods, thats what make these cars a personal thing.

Check my Gallery Images of how my car looks and sits, I have just installed a A45 AMG Style rear spoiler which I am yet to upload some pics of, but will get around to doing it soon.

Darren

post #8 of 15 Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Can't wait to see that spoiler. The CX-3 begs for something more aggressive back there. Even a nice add-on lip would look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
Hi Guys,

Darren

post #9 of 15 Old 04-06-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

I am going to measure the height of the front of my fiancée's 2018 3 sedan and compare it to the CX-3 minus 2 inches. Just to get an idea. My latest lowered car is the Mazdaspeed and I have no issues, but I am also very careful.

The Mustang's headers hang so low that a pop can on its side won't fit between the collectors and the ground. That is how low it is, but of course it has coil overs that allow me to raise it to load on a trailer.

Not going coil overs on the CX-3. Overkill for it IMHO.

post #10 of 15 Old 04-09-2018, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hi,

I have finally been out to measure my Car, hope that this can be of some help for all involved.

I never measured my Car with the Factory Coils before Lowering, sorry for that.

Please see the following with Lowered Coils

Eibach Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 39cm Rear 39cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 71cm Rear 72cm

CorkSport Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 36cm Rear 37cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 68cm Rear 70cm

I also measured from the Ground to the Top of the Mazda Grill Badge it was 70cm

These were all taken with a Half Tank of Petrol.

Darren
DavidRam likes this.

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode