User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
20" rims, who got them on their CX-3?

Hey guys I saved up some coin for some rims, I got the GT with the stock 18" rims and want to go bigger.

anyone running 20's on their CX-3 and if so can you post a picture and any information I may need to know before I pull the trigger and buy a set.

Thanks!

2018 CX-3 GT in Crystal White Pearl Mica.
Mods
Lowered 2" on Corksport springs
Corksport axle back exhaust
LED rear reflectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-22-2018, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaman View Post
Hey guys I saved up some coin for some rims, I got the GT with the stock 18" rims and want to go bigger.

anyone running 20's on their CX-3 and if so can you post a picture and any information I may need to know before I pull the trigger and buy a set.

Thanks!
out my Gallery Pics

Foose
20x8.5 235/35/20
Lowered on CorkSport Coils
NO Scrub Issues

Darren
Chrisabyss likes this.

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard
post #3 of 12 Old 02-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
out my Gallery Pics

Foose
20x8.5 235/35/20
NO Scrub Issues

Darren
3.2" of sidewall...

What's the offset (and backspacing if you have it) on those wheels?
Also, what make/model of tires? Some tire brands and models run wider than others for a given size.
Also-also, tire size is measured for a given wheel width and may change if mounted to wider or narrower wheels.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=198
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=199

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Last edited by NotAPreppie; 02-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
out my Gallery Pics

Foose
20x8.5 235/35/20
NO Scrub Issues

Darren

Those rims look very nice, do you have wheel spacers on them? they sit out a bit passed the fender and I like that look.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Mods
LED rear reflectors
post #5 of 12 Old 02-22-2018, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Those rims look very nice, do you have wheel spacers on them? they sit out a bit passed the fender and I like that look.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Hey Mazdaman! Gratz on your CX3! Have you sourced out where you would be getting your wheels? If so where did you go?
I'm doing some looking around and trying to find a good price on some summer 18's so I can keep the winters on the 16's. I do a lot of camping and fishing so I'd probably trash a set of 20's lol (and the tires).

Regardless, what I'm finding is that there are a lot of great deals from the states but by the time it gets up to Canada with the conversion and fee's; it's pretty much the same as buying here (Alberta).
So far, I've seen the most reasonable price for wheels have come out of https://kxwheels.com/ based in Van. Local shops here use them but going to them direct seems to be a better value.

If you, or anyone else reading this thread, have any suggestions on where to check out rims for Canada, by all means throw them out.
Also, changing out the springs a little lower (nothing drastic) would freak me out in the winter (nightmares of high-centering!). Thoughts?

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaG View Post
Hey Mazdaman! Gratz on your CX3! Have you sourced out where you would be getting your wheels? If so where did you go?
I'm doing some looking around and trying to find a good price on some summer 18's so I can keep the winters on the 16's. I do a lot of camping and fishing so I'd probably trash a set of 20's lol (and the tires).

Regardless, what I'm finding is that there are a lot of great deals from the states but by the time it gets up to Canada with the conversion and fee's; it's pretty much the same as buying here (Alberta).
So far, I've seen the most reasonable price for wheels have come out of https://kxwheels.com/ based in Van. Local shops here use them but going to them direct seems to be a better value.

If you, or anyone else reading this thread, have any suggestions on where to check out rims for Canada, by all means throw them out.
Also, changing out the springs a little lower (nothing drastic) would freak me out in the winter (nightmares of high-centering!). Thoughts?

I purchased min from RWC Wheels

Collection roues

here's my post - not bad for my "winter rims"

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/122921-post29.html

zoom-zoom

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #7 of 12 Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaG View Post

Thank you @PandaG !!

So far its been a good car, had her a week and put a whopping 300km on. I may to go the local tire shop here (Pickering Tire and Mag) They have been in business for over 25 years so they must be good right? lol

If your looking online RTX wheels out in Montreal has a large line up, Not sure on the quality but they are Canadian based.

I am looking at 20's for the summer and will wrap the original 18" rims with winter tires. cause as you are well aware. Canada = snow
davidjsiahaan likes this.

Mods
LED rear reflectors
post #8 of 12 Old 02-23-2018, 04:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I purchased min from RWC Wheels

Collection roues

here's my post - not bad for my "winter rims"

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/122921-post29.html

zoom-zoom

No not too shabby at all Dean! Thank you. They have some OEM looking wheels I see (I like those).
I'm pretty partial to the Konig Oversteer look as no way in h*ll am I going for Work Oversteers as much as I'd love to lol.

post #9 of 12 Old 02-23-2018, 04:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thank you @PandaG !!

So far its been a good car, had her a week and put a whopping 300km on. I may to go the local tire shop here (Pickering Tire and Mag) They have been in business for over 25 years so they must be good right? lol

If your looking online RTX wheels out in Montreal has a large line up, Not sure on the quality but they are Canadian based.

I am looking at 20's for the summer and will wrap the original 18" rims with winter tires. cause as you are well aware. Canada = snow

Nice, yes I'll definitely check that out thanks!
Ya the CX is a great little car. I drive about 100km's a day to and from work as well, so the gas savings difference from my Jeep has been huge.

For your 18's, check out the Continental WinterContact SI's. I took them over the Blizzaks (roughly same price) and I find they go great with the CX for traction etc. Tons of reviews online to check out.

post #10 of 12 Old 04-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Hi All,

Sorry for late replies, been slack to be honest.

I do not have wheel spacers, the wheels are +35 Offset, yes the fronts sit pretty flush, and rears are further under, hence that look.

I have CorkSport Lowered Coils in it as well, I can confirm that I have never had any scrub issues either.

I initially had Eibach's installed, they were much firmer and to be honest I was not a real fan and with such a short wheel base car, it really spoilt a good car.
These Corks are very close to that standard ride quality of factory coils, plus the stance is so much better in my eyes.

Hope this is of some help, all of our cars look amazing and I am so glad that we have places like this that we all can throw ideas around to personalize our cars in the way that we want.

[email protected]
Chrisabyss and davidjsiahaan like this.

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard