• 1 Post By VANDAL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-02-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Mazda's Vision Concept

Man this looks beautiful, I hope this concept design language makes it into their future cars!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/mazda-un...3979.html?nf=1

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
that would be a great successor to the RX8. The low slung stance is very reminiscent of the FD RX-7. If the production version is half of this, rotary fans will be very pleased.

The front grille is just a more pronounced version of the current kodo (and on our CX3s) which looks very stylish and aggressive.

Mazda's have always had the best looking cars IMHO, out of all the Japanese auto makers. Except for the Smiley faces for a few years.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #3 of 8 Old 03-02-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
For a concept, it is very close to a production car in terms of design. I think Mazda only has to change a few things to comply with safety and other laws. Other concept cars from other manufacturers are so removed from reality they'll never see the light of day, but I can see this making production with very few changes. This particular concept would make a great successor to the RX-8 I agree, and the same design language can even translate to a new Mazda 6. If that happens, I would absolutely get a Mazda 6 in the future, I already love the current 6 but I got the CX-3 mainly because I was tired of driving a mid size sedan and wanted all wheel drive.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Garage
Curious to know what sort of engine Mazda will have underneath the hood for this beauty. If it's another full-on Wankel I wonder what the fuel economy is like; it needs to be at least comparable to contemporary V6 engine (if not better.) Any worse and it would be hard for them to make a case in a world that heavily scrutinizes gas guzzlers.

I hear it may also be a Hybrid renesis, which may be super high-tech but potentially a diva-money-pit for owners. As it stands, the last generation was fairly fragile and required babied attention. The tech (if real) best be able to back it up.

I am hoping for forced induction to resurrect the spirit of the RX7 because the RX8 is, admittedly, incredibly slow

post #5 of 8 Old 03-03-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Maybe its just me but I think it may be time for Mazda to just ditch the rotary engine. Put in a supercharged V6 in that beauty and you have one hell of a sports car.

post #6 of 8 Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Hmmm, I think Greaseman has been watching too much Hawaii Five-0 and Transformers. Oh no, that just reminded me about Megan Fox. Where was I? Oh yes, I know what you mean but the old rotary engine is kind of what made Mazda RXs special.
greaseman85 likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #7 of 8 Old 03-04-2016, 01:34 PM

Garage
I can say without doubt, if this car carries the RX badge it will most certainly have a rotary engine.

And also quite certain, given Mazda's (somewhat unhealthy) infatuation with the Wankel, they will do their very best to develop a Renesis fit for the modern day.

If they were to deliver an efficient, not-too-fragile boosted RX7 successor, it could serve as their flagship and reignite the fan boy initial D love in many.
greaseman85 likes this.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-04-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yep they said in the video the concept does have a rotary engine, then they made the comment about why the front end is so huge if it's only using a rotary engine. I agree with you both though RX = rotary.

If they do however use this same concept design language in their Mazda 6, they better not use a crappy I4. I want to see a V6 AWD Mazda 6!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode