Is Mazda the FCA Merger Candidate? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-10-2015, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is Mazda the FCA Merger Candidate?

Sergio has said several times FCA is looking at merger candidates, Sergiohas also said he looks forward to working with Mazda on future projects...????

Quote:
In the span of a few short years, Mazda has transformed itself from an also-ran to an industry leader. Despite its success, there are growing concerns that the good times could end abruptly for the company. An article in Car and Driver outlines just how much Ford had sheltered the brand from a host of economic hardships, and how future models must have a greater profit margin if the small company hopes to weather tougher economic climates. Because of this, rumors have been swirling of an impending merger with a larger company, and the most likely candidate is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Speaking at the Geneva motor show, FCAís Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said that he has a merger candidate in mind, and added that he imagines collaborating with Mazda on future projects, as the company is using the Miataís architecture to develop a new Fiat sports car. A merger probably wonít mean the end of Mazdaís success, and if itís given enough space to keep building fresh, exiting cars using its own unique language, it will continue to grow. Nearly 50 years after selling their first car in America, Mazda has finally arrived. And donít expect them to go anywhere anytime soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Jay

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
With Mazda they can't go wrong.
Alfa Romeo is already planning to use Mazda for its next 2 door.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Love Mazda but can't say the same about FCA. I just hope that FCA does merge with them, that they don't end up screwing up a great brand.

post #4 of 11 Old 03-11-2015, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
With Mazda they can't go wrong.
Alfa Romeo is already planning to use Mazda for its next 2 door.
Link?

Last I heard Alfa Romeo has decided to NOT make any Mazda off shoots as they want to keep things in Italy. It's only Fiat that is working to come out with their version of the MX5
post #5 of 11 Old 03-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Jay

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Link?

Last I heard Alfa Romeo has decided to NOT make any Mazda off shoots as they want to keep things in Italy. It's only Fiat that is working to come out with their version of the MX5
Yeah my mistake it's actually Fiat.

They're calling it the 124

post #6 of 11 Old 03-11-2015, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I like the face on that above vehicle. How fast do you think it will go since it is done by Abarth.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've seen several Fiat renderings.. they are just speculation, in including this one. It's obviously a tweak of the Miata ND and to me, it's unoriginal and very shallow in creative design.

Last edited by doane2u; 03-14-2015 at 05:43 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
I've seen several Fiat renderings.. they are just speculation, in including this one. It's obviously a tweak of the Miata ND and to me, it's unoriginal and very shallow in creative design.
Yup,
All speculative and all vary quite a bit, which is nice to see. Even better is these people have nothing to go off of aside from using the Miata as a base, then filling in the rest from their own imagination
post #9 of 11 Old 03-17-2015, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I read another article that says that FCA could merge with GM. I think that is very unlikely. Mazda seems much more likely.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-17-2015, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
thats not the FIAT miata... its going to have unique skin... totally unique... like more original 124...

i doubt mazda is the candidate, because Sergio is a pillager. he comes for what he wants and cuts the rest... see current Chrysler group for referance. Mazda has nothing substantial to offer him...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode