Has Mazda Lost its Zoom? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-13-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Has Mazda Lost its Zoom?

Interesting piece from TTAC, don't quite agree, but you might...

Question Of The Day: Has Mazda Lost Its Zoom? - The Truth About Cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I think this might be a result of their position currently to get some strong volume products and in that process have lost out on filling in "zoom zoom" where needed.

Apparently they have some bad financial situation going on now too that would play into this as well.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-14-2015, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I owned, with great pleasure, a 1993 Mazda RX7 R1. That was the epitome of zoom-zoom, and that's long gone. But I also owned two generations (1, 2) of the Miata. I'll be gettting a new Miata this year, and I think they've been true to Mazda zoom-zoom in the sense that they give you a good horsepower to weight ratio, with outstanding road manners, in a vehicle that still gets great fuel economy, and which has bulletproof quality (in my personal experience).

It all depends on how you define zoom-zoom. I always defined it as, I get in the vehicle and I smile. That happened every time I got in my Miatas and my RX7. I have a friend with a new Mazda 3 Grand Touring, and he tells (apart from the radio), that it puts a smile on his face every time he drives it.

Does Mazda still make RX7 zoom-zoom. No. Do they still have the DNA of a company that makes well-balanced cars with impeccable road manners. I'd say mostly yes.

post #4 of 13 Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I do think the cx3 with awd will be an excellent drive...
post #5 of 13 Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I will say that I liked the old Zoom zoom commercials. I remember them vividly which means they were a success.

Mazda may have lost a slight bit of sportiness, but I think they can fix that in the near future. The lineup is still great. I like the new Miata and think that it is sporty too.

I think TTAC is being a little harsh.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-19-2015, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
well, they sure have sporty design with all their latest designs.
the way i see it, for now they want to set up volume products as it's what they need, then the fun stuff
post #7 of 13 Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
In my opinion they still have the "zoom, zoom" look, but they might be lacking in the performance department. I think that they can catch up on that though fairly quickly. Hopefully they won't give up on offering people performance options.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
has there been any word on performance Mazdas or maybe some type of partnership with a company that might be able to give them a more powerful engine or something?
post #9 of 13 Old 02-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Jay

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
has there been any word on performance Mazdas or maybe some type of partnership with a company that might be able to give them a more powerful engine or something?
Nothing i've seen but making MazdaSpeed more widepspread with a range of potency would be great as something along the lines of what Nismo did to the Juke if done to that level with the CX-3 could work well, but going beyond that... might not.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Nothing i've seen but making MazdaSpeed more widepspread with a range of potency would be great as something along the lines of what Nismo did to the Juke if done to that level with the CX-3 could work well, but going beyond that... might not.
Wasn't the NISMO Juke ridiculously powerful though. I don't think they sold many of those at all. I think that they almost did too much with it. They would have sold more if they had shown a bit more restraint.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode