User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 11-27-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
People Of CX-3

Just thought of something while browsing around. What's everyone like in the real world? Nothing too specific.
Family, work, hobbies, all that fun stuff?

I know that there's an anchorwoman out there and that ccie5754 is a StarWars fan. Just want to get to know everyone else.

I'll start:

Administration
No kids but 1 Goldfish (hoping bob lives through the winter)
Ontario

I also own a motorcycle with a few battle scars.
Travelling and hibernating in front of my laptop in the winter.
Almost forgot my love of Doctor Who.

Last edited by Kebabs; 11-27-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
38 yrs old
divorced, no kids
current Active Army 15yrs
educated and veracious atheist/anti-theist
sports lover both playing and watching
prefers anomalous "adult" activities
love to travel
car enthusiast

2016 Mazda CX-3 Touring (like a million WHP)
2013 1LE Supercharged Camaro SS (645 WHP)
2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged (332 WHP)
2005 WRX STI Turbocharged (388 WHP)
2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged (285 WHP)
2001 Civic EX (140 WHP)
1991 BMW 520i (184 HP)
1988 Civic LX (92 HP)
1970 AMC Hornet (304 HP)
post #3 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
57, mechanical engineer at a nuclear generating station, kids grown, first grandchild, Lilah born last April. Sold my motorcycle and purchased the MX5 for safety reasons... too many people driving with their face buried in a phone. Here's Lilah...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	3465  
Kebabs and Nick Grasso like this.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents

post #4 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Married with one child (Olivia 12 years)

Work at Nokia Denmark (for 16 years now) first many years as telecommunication engineer, now more administation.

In my spare time I ride Mountainbike (in flat Denmark, yes) and enjoy ultrarunning (something longer than marathon)

i've also had a couple of motorcycles, but they are sold now.
My first was BMW R1200C. Second was BMW K1200RS.
post #5 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
57, wife (anchorwoman), 2 daughters (anchorettes) no pets and a CX-3.

Left school as a mechanic and after finishing a four year apprenticeship, went on to study for several different qualifications. Went on to be a Field Engineers in the automotive braking industry and then kept creeping up the ladder until I became European Technical Sales Manager, heavily involved in brake testing and development (no, my forum name isn't because I was in the navy, there's lots of clues here). As a matter of interest, I worked out the test facility at Federal Mogul (the product name was Ferodo) in Smithville Tennessee for a spell. I would then travel up to the vehicle builders in Detroit and Canton. I also had a little customer in Ingersoll, Canada. That job developed into too much sales and marketing so ended my days in the motor industry.

The history of Ferodo is one of breakthrough friction technology | Ferodo

In 2003 I went down a completely different avenue. I went on the railway and now do what most schoolboys wanted to do and drive express passenger trains. I'm very lucky and drive high tech, high powered diesel units with a really high power to weight ratio of 2250 bhp @ a tad under 200 tonnes.

Most of my spare time seems to be spent on vehicles in one way or another. The anchorettes both run Toyotas that are very much my responsibility and I help a mate out with all sorts of jobs. I also get roped into the odd house rebuilds and enjoy woodwork. I spend every June in Florida and last year I met up with Junebug in Baton Rouge who runs the US RAV4 forum.
riosx2013 likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #6 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
25. Boston area.

Aspiring Biotechnology professional. Any molecular biologists in the house? I'm looking for a new job.

When not in the CX3, i'm on my Vulcan 900.
post #7 of 55 Old 11-28-2015, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
56, Bellevue, WA, suburb of Seattle. Structural engineer by schooling but now run the IT department at the engineering firm where I work. Bought the CX3 for my wife. She likes the looks, I like the tech, and the looks too. 4 grown children and 3 grand-kids. I spend my summer months riding the western US on my Honda ST1300.
post #8 of 55 Old 11-29-2015, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
48 yrs old out of Montreal Quebec (yes I'll swear in french if you kick me in the shins), Network Engineer for Bell Canada. CCIE 5754 for anyone that knows the business. Married twice (not at the same time). Ex lives in Atlanta GA with my 11 and 13yrs old sons (no, not an easy situation). 3 graphed daughters who have now flown the coop, which is why I went from Honda Ody to CX3
post #9 of 55 Old 11-29-2015, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
54 years old, married with 2 adult kids (one of each). Started my working life completing an electrical apprenticeship. After years of crawling through ceilings and under houses I decided to go to Uni part time to complete an engineering degree, majoring in telecommunications. Managed an engineering design area for a large transport/rail/engineering company for a couple of years before completing my Masters in Business and then changing tack to become an Asset Manager for the same mob.

Besides the CX-3 (which the better half drives) we also run a near new Ford Mondeo (Fusion for the North Americans) and a 7 year old Honda Civic (the male sprog uses it now as it is the only manual).

We also have two small dogs which aren't allowed in the Ford.

Thinking about it we tend to spend a lot of our spare time eating and drinking too much.
post #10 of 55 Old 11-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
61,married 32 years,two sons 22 and 20 been a electrician ,39 half years, still having fun crawling in attics and crawl space's, ha...have a 130 lb great pyrinies, named oliver, besides my wife's cx3 my 20 year old has a 2016 Mazda 6,I drive 2011 cx7...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode